Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Super Bowl Monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Monday after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday.   Everyone's hung over.  How much work is actually getting done?  The game doesn't end until 10:00.   Then everyone has to find their way home, probably drunk.  And then get up the next morning and go to work. 

I'm waiting for the first Presidential candidate to suggest this new national holiday.  I think they'll get a lot of favorable reaction.

I am not joking.
(02-02-2019, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The Monday after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday.   Everyone's hung over.  How much work is actually getting done?  The game doesn't end until 10:00.   Then everyone has to find their way home, probably drunk.  And then get up the next morning and go to work. 

I'm waiting for the first Presidential candidate to suggest this new national holiday.  I think they'll get a lot of favorable reaction.

I am not joking.

Heck, just make it Election Day while we're at it. Then we can have 11 additional months of lame duck government.
Pretty sure kneeling in protest and national holiday should not be remotely in the same breathe!
(02-02-2019, 10:06 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure kneeling in protest and national holiday should not be remotely in the same breathe!

It has nothing to do with the one or two players why may or may not kneel.   It has to do with the millions of people who go to Super Bowl parties, have a few drinks, and watch the game until 10PM.   

A Super Bowl Monday national holiday would be very popular.  There's a major productivity decline on Super Bowl Monday anyway.    And how many people call in sick that day?  

Just give everyone the day off.

Besides, are you really going to let a couple of kneeling players ruin Super Bowl Monday for you?   Why give them control over your life?   Super Bowl Monday is for all of us.
National Hangover Observance Day

I like it
I extend the choice to my employees to stay home if they want. I tend to not schedule work for that day. I don't pay them if they stay home.
It's great that the corporate masters have brainwashed us into believing a sporting event should have a holiday attached to it.

I actually can't remember the last super bowl i've watched.. I think it was Pittsburgh and Arizona.
My company gives us two floating holidays per year. We vote on when we want to take them and one is always the day.after the superbowl
I just take Monday off.

I have so much sick and personal leave saved up that I need to use it for something. I usually take off Super Bowl Monday and the first Thursday and Friday of March Madness
(02-02-2019, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The Monday after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday.   Everyone's hung over.  How much work is actually getting done?  The game doesn't end until 10:00.   Then everyone has to find their way home, probably drunk.  And then get up the next morning and go to work. 

I am not joking.

So because you and millions more have no self control we should let a game conduct how business is done?  The average game time for a regular season game is 3 hrs.  The SB is 4 due to added commercials and the halftime.  The SB is no longer about the game but the event.  That we allow networks to dictate when the event is played is beyond ridiculous.  Play the game at 1600 EST and the ratings will not change.  Stop the halftime spectacle.  What other league sells it's soul for ratings like the NFL?

Stepping off my soapbox...