Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The First Excuses for Gov. Northam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In case you were abducted by aliens, the governor of Virginia is in hot water for a racist photo in his med school yearbook.  It may seem like an open and shut case, but some in the media think this is the time to remind people that many of the best advocates for blacks were actually racist!
now he says it wasn't him in the picture, I don't believe that for a second.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Northam is clearly thinking - "Hmm, if Donald could stick it out through the Access Hollywood thing, I can certainly get through this."
(02-04-2019, 12:36 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Northam is clearly thinking - "Hmm, if Donald could stick it out through the Access Hollywood thing, I can certainly get through this."

Except that Trump wasn't calling his opponent a misogynist (or misandrist) like Northam was calling his opponent a racist.

Northam should not be driven out of office for something he did 30 years ago. But that's the policy advocated by his Party.
(02-04-2019, 01:27 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2019, 12:36 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Northam is clearly thinking - "Hmm, if Donald could stick it out through the Access Hollywood thing, I can certainly get through this."

Except that Trump wasn't calling his opponent a misogynist (or misandrist) like Northam was calling his opponent a racist.

Northam should not be driven out of office for something he did 30 years ago. But that's the policy advocated by his Party.

I agree with that.
(02-04-2019, 01:27 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you not read Donald on Twitter? He's called every opponent something. And Donald has a history of being worse than whatever he's accusing his opponents of being.

The difference seems to be that the Democrats make you walk the walk whereas the Republicans just look the other way.
(02-04-2019, 01:40 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2019, 01:27 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]Except that Trump wasn't calling his opponent a misogynist (or misandrist) like Northam was calling his opponent a racist.

Have you not read Donald on Twitter? He's called every opponent something. And Donald has a history of being worse than whatever he's accusing his opponents of being.

The difference seems to be that the Democrats make you walk the walk whereas the Republicans just look the other way.

Only in your demented history books.
(02-04-2019, 01:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2019, 01:40 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you not read Donald on Twitter? He's called every opponent something. And Donald has a history of being worse than whatever he's accusing his opponents of being.

I realize that Donald has been grooming you for a number of years, so you're going to go down with the ship no matter what Donald's history shows.

He has a long record of racism and other stupidities. But - 3% quarterly growth! 

He's our most insecure president in a long, long time. But you keep on doing your very best Kellyann Conway/Sarah Sanders impersonation. Perhaps it gives your life purpose.

I don't care if Northan goes or stays as I don't live in Virginia. You'd probably prefer Roy Moore.
(02-04-2019, 02:18 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2019, 01:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Only in your demented history books.

I realize that Donald has been grooming you for a number of years, so you're going to go down with the ship no matter what Donald's history shows.

He has a long record of racism and other stupidities. But - 3% quarterly growth! 

He's our most insecure president in a long, long time. But you keep on doing your very best Kellyann Conway/Sarah Sanders impersonation. Perhaps it gives your life purpose.

I don't care if Northan goes or stays as I don't live in Virginia. You'd probably prefer Roy Moore.

There is no factual evidence to back up the left's narrative that Trump is racist or more ridiculously has a LONG record of racism. 

African American unemployment is at a historic low due to Trump's policies and Trump also passed prison reform, which Obama talked about, but obviously never succeeded in doing.

Clearly you are jumping back on the "Trump is a racist!" bandwagon because Trump just suspended the nuclear treaty with Russia which obviously goes against your narrative of collusion.

Oh, and the 3% is annual growth, not quarterly. Likely higher actually.
(02-04-2019, 01:40 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2019, 01:27 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]Except that Trump wasn't calling his opponent a misogynist (or misandrist) like Northam was calling his opponent a racist.

He called Hillary a criminal, which she was. He didn't call her a misandrist. But sure, give me an example of Trump criticizing an opponent for something Trump has done.

And the Dems are more likely to look the other way on real crimes (as opposed to statements that are claimed to be offensive). Hillary is the most recent example, but Podesta and Sandy Berger also stand out.
(02-04-2019, 02:18 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2019, 01:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Only in your demented history books.

Man... you need to stop reading alt-left news. You believe the lies.

That's just as dumb as alt-right people believing those lies. You realize that, right?

Even if it comes from an ideology you believe in doesn't automatically make it true or right.. or is that how indoctrinated you are?

And now let's cue the Fox News Brainwashing response.
(02-05-2019, 09:20 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2019, 02:18 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]I realize that Donald has been grooming you for a number of years, so you're going to go down with the ship no matter what Donald's history shows.

That's just as dumb as alt-right people believing those lies. You realize that, right?

Even if it comes from an ideology you believe in doesn't automatically make it true or right.. or is that how indoctrinated you are?

You have a better shot at reasoning with a 4 year old.

One of the worst things about the disease of liberalism and TDS is that those infected don't even know they are infected.
(02-04-2019, 02:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2019, 02:18 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]I realize that Donald has been grooming you for a number of years, so you're going to go down with the ship no matter what Donald's history shows.

There is no factual evidence to back up the left's narrative that Trump is racist or more ridiculously has a LONG record of racism. 

African American unemployment is at a historic low due to Trump's policies and Trump also passed prison reform, which Obama talked about, but obviously never succeeded in doing.

Clearly you are jumping back on the "Trump is a racist!" bandwagon because Trump just suspended the nuclear treaty with Russia which obviously goes against your narrative of collusion.

Oh, and the 3% is annual growth, not quarterly. Likely higher actually.

Hehehe - you're pretend ignorance of Donald's past is a joy to withhold. I understand your embarrassment. Always talk about the economy - we can't get into Dad and son's past racist policies; Donald's racist Central Park Five history; his support of white supremacists (fine people) - Steve King for VP! Roy Moore! Mexican racists, etc.

What is my narrative of collusion? Show me a post. Taking lessons from Donald re just making stuff up?

Trump passed prison reform? What - while he was watching tv? He was as much involved in that as you were.  

And I bet you once pretended to care about the debt and deficit. A real conservative no doubt. You just seem to be a lover of phony "strong men".

Enjoy the platitudes and cliches of the SOTU. I'm curious how many will laugh out loud when Donald babbles about "working together". I assume we'll get Teleprompter Donald rather than Twitter Donald.

(02-05-2019, 09:20 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm guessing you read as much as Donald does.
(02-04-2019, 01:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2019, 01:40 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you not read Donald on Twitter? He's called every opponent something. And Donald has a history of being worse than whatever he's accusing his opponents of being.

Not that I want to agree with Adam2012 at all- he is right. Trump has a history of terrible behavior toward pretty much everyone who crosses him whether it's racist or something just as hateful. And history is as close as the seconds that passed writing this reply.
(02-05-2019, 05:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not that I want to agree with Adam2012 at all- he is right. Trump has a history of terrible behavior toward pretty much everyone who crosses him. And history is as close as the seconds that passed writing this reply.

He also said he has a long record of racism, which has never been proven.
(02-05-2019, 05:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2019, 05:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I want to agree with Adam2012 at all- he is right. Trump has a history of terrible behavior toward pretty much everyone who crosses him. And history is as close as the seconds that passed writing this reply.

He also said he has a long record of racism, which has never been proven.

Doesn’t have to be in today’s climate. White, orange or whatever. He isn’t black and mainstream so he’s racist.
(02-05-2019, 05:41 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2019, 05:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]He also said he has a long record of racism, which has never been proven.

Doesn’t have to be in today’s climate. White, orange or whatever. He isn’t black and mainstream so he’s racist.

Not to mention celebrity African Americans loved the man before he became a politician.
(02-05-2019, 05:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I want to agree with Adam2012 at all- he is right. Trump has a history of terrible behavior toward pretty much everyone who crosses him whether it's racist or something just as hateful. And history is as close as the seconds that passed writing this reply.

Nice post. Precise, to the point, and extremely accurate; especially the last sentence where everything can change on a dime with him.
Back on point, is it just me or have the crazies come out of the woodwork over the whole black face/racism deal. First we have Gov. Northam's 30 year old attempt at humor, then countered with coal minors enjoying a beer after work, now it is the chimney sweep scene from Mary Poppins. At what point do we collectively scream, "ENOUGH!"
Pages: 1 2