Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2018 Taxes - Liberal Logic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing a lot of fake news trying to paint the Trump administrations tax reform as hurting the middle class solely based on receiving the same "tax refund" as last year. Conveniently, these hit pieces leave out the fact that when the new tax brackets took over in February, nearly every American saw more take home pay.

Liberal math is awesome!
IMHO, not only did liberals flunk History, they flunked Math and Economics too........
(02-10-2019, 03:45 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]IMHO, not only did liberals flunk History, the flunked Math and Economics too........
They*
(02-10-2019, 04:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2019, 03:45 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]IMHO, not only did liberals flunk History, the flunked Math and Economics too........
They*

Thanks for noticing my typo
(02-10-2019, 04:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
They*

He didn't mention English. Liberals are typically good at grammar.
(02-10-2019, 04:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2019, 04:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]They*

Well yes, I'm fairly Liberal and my grammar is exquisite.

"Damn you Trump! I only gave the Government a $5,000 interest free loan last year instead of the usual $6,000!!!!"

With all the double speak and leaglistic mumbo jumbo they put in to the laws, they better be good at grammer
(02-10-2019, 03:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing a lot of fake news trying to paint the Trump administrations tax reform as hurting the middle class solely based on receiving the same "tax refund" as last year. Conveniently, these hit pieces leave out the fact that when the new tax brackets took over in February, nearly every American saw more take home pay.

Liberal math is awesome!

Actually, I did not. I still get to write Uncle Sam a check. "Tax reform" has done jack [BLEEP] for me, and when the tax rates are higher in 2024 than they were before "tax reform", we'll all have a good laugh about it.

Unless we've done the smart thing: eliminate Social Security and go to consumption tax, but I don't see that happening.
(02-10-2019, 05:07 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2019, 03:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing a lot of fake news trying to paint the Trump administrations tax reform as hurting the middle class solely based on receiving the same "tax refund" as last year. Conveniently, these hit pieces leave out the fact that when the new tax brackets took over in February, nearly every American saw more take home pay.

Liberal math is awesome!

Actually, I did not. I still get to write Uncle Sam a check. "Tax reform" has done jack [BLEEP] for me, and when the tax rates are higher in 2024 than they were before "tax reform", we'll all have a good laugh about it.

Unless we've done the smart thing: eliminate Social Security and go to consumption tax, but I don't see that happening.

Well, technically, anybody getting any type of refund from Uncle Sam isn't doing it right in the first place. Personally, I am not in the business of giving Sam an interest free loan, but unfortunately, millions of people count on the refund and don't really understand the reason for it.

I am all for eliminating SS. Send me a check with every dime I have contributed right now and let me invest it myself. I also agree with the consumption tax.
(02-10-2019, 05:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2019, 05:07 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I did not. I still get to write Uncle Sam a check. "Tax reform" has done jack [BLEEP] for me, and when the tax rates are higher in 2024 than they were before "tax reform", we'll all have a good laugh about it.

Well, technically, anybody getting any type of refund from Uncle Sam isn't doing it right in the first place. Personally, I am not in the business of giving Sam an interest free loan, but unfortunately, millions of people count on the refund and don't really understand the reason for it.

I am all for eliminating SS. Send me a check with every dime I have contributed right now and let me invest it myself. I also agree with the consumption tax.

I don't want a refund, for the same reasons you don't. What I would like is for my taxes, which are firmly middle class, not to be hiked as part of Donald Trump's great "tax reform" plan. I was doing better under Obama.
(02-10-2019, 05:14 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2019, 05:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, technically, anybody getting any type of refund from Uncle Sam isn't doing it right in the first place. Personally, I am not in the business of giving Sam an interest free loan, but unfortunately, millions of people count on the refund and don't really understand the reason for it.

I don't want a refund, for the same reasons you don't. What I would like is for my taxes, which are firmly middle class, not to be hiked as part of Donald Trump's great "tax reform" plan. I was doing better under Obama.

You just gotta have more kids!
(02-10-2019, 05:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2019, 05:14 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want a refund, for the same reasons you don't. What I would like is for my taxes, which are firmly middle class, not to be hiked as part of Donald Trump's great "tax reform" plan. I was doing better under Obama.

You just gotta have more kids!

I have a dog that's smarter than 90% of the humans I know. That's all I can handle.
(02-10-2019, 03:45 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]IMHO, not only did liberals flunk History, they flunked Math and Economics too........

Don't worry, they passed women's studies and social justice with flying colors tho.

I disagree, they can't even decide when to use 'him,' 'her,' or whether they even are a him or her.
(02-10-2019, 05:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, technically, anybody getting any type of refund from Uncle Sam isn't doing it right in the first place. Personally, I am not in the business of giving Sam an interest free loan, but unfortunately, millions of people count on the refund and don't really understand the reason for it.

Perhaps adjust your withholdings. Initially everyone saw a bump in pay because they were being taxed less. Less tax paid=little to no refund or writing a check to the IRS. Your employer doesn’t typically do a W-4 adjustment on your behalf.

The only tax increases were due to eliminating the state tax deduction and capping the mortgage interest deduction. Either you live in a state with a high income tax or you have a very expensive house that you are still paying for.
(02-11-2019, 09:03 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2019, 05:14 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want a refund, for the same reasons you don't. What I would like is for my taxes, which are firmly middle class, not to be hiked as part of Donald Trump's great "tax reform" plan. I was doing better under Obama.

The only tax increases were due to eliminating the state tax deduction and capping the mortgage interest deduction. Either you live in a state with a high income tax or you have a very expensive house that you are still paying for.

I enjoy states like CA and NY not benefiting from tax reform. Based on the contributions they have made in politics, they deserve to pay the highest tax rates humanly possible.