Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2nd Quarter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, the first quarter of the season is behind us and the team sits at 1-3 overall and 1-0 in the division.

The next quarter coming up is probably the "easiest" part of the schedule.  Granted, 3 of the 4 games are on the road, and the 3rd game is against a divisional opponent on a short week.

October 16, 1:00pm - Jaguars @ Bears

This is certainly a very winnable game, especially after the bye week.

October 23, 1:00pm - Jaguars vs. Raiders

This game concerns me, though it is a home game.  The Raiders are on a winning streak right now, but they haven't really dominated anyone that they have played thus far.  I would label this game as a "could win".

*October 27, 8:25pm - Jaguars @ Titans

Again, this game is against a divisional opponent and will be played on national television on a short week.  This is a "should" win.

November 6 1:00pm - Jaguars @ Chiefs

On the road again, but the Chiefs haven't exactly been stellar thus far.  This is a "could win" in my opinion.

So in my opinion at best the Jaguars could (maybe should) be 4-0 at the end of the second quarter and at worst be 2-2.  The Raiders and Titans games are the biggest concern for me.

One things for sure, you better beat the Bears.

Don't have a good feeling of the Raider game, with Del Rio probably wanting to stick it to us.

We are better than the titans. Shut down Murray and we SHOULD win this one as well.

We SHOULD be 3-5 mindway through. 

If you watch how the Raiders are winning, they are playing with a horse shoe right now.

Going for broke and it's paying off on 4th downs and 2 point conversions. They have the worst defense in the league.
We should go 2-2 on this stretch, but I have a bad feeling it's another 1-3 for some reason.

Quote:If you watch how the Raiders are winning, they are playing with a horse shoe right now.

Going for broke and it's paying off on 4th downs and 2 point conversions. They have the worst defense in the league.

That sounds kind of familiar....
I know its cliche'...but, each and every game is ours to win or lose.

This far into the season...injuries can be a huge factor to all four teams and us as well.

It does sux that most are on the road....but a road win is sweeter and helps build momentum.

Let's do it Jaguars!    :thumbsup: 

Quote:October 16, 1:00pm - Jaguars @ Bears

If our secondary is healthy, I think the addition of Colvin and Josh Johnson will help prevent Hoyer from carving us up like he carved up Indy's defense last week. As long as the offense doesn't shoot itself in the foot, it's very much a winnable game.

October 23, 1:00pm - Jaguars vs. Raiders

This game is a toss up to me. The Raiders having to travel across the country for a 1 o'clock game could work in our favor. If both Carr and Bortles play the way they're capable of playing,  it should be an exciting game.

*October 27, 8:25pm - Jaguars @ Titans

Run defense is the key here. Stop Henry and Murray and force Mariota to beat you with his arm. And for the love of god, don't let him run 80 yards for a score. Just like the Bears, this game is very much a winnable game.

November 6 1:00pm - Jaguars @ Chiefs

This game should show how much we've improved covering the tight end. I expect Travis Kelce to get a lot of touches for the Chiefs. They don't look as good as they did last year though. This may be a game the Jags can steal, but I'd give the edge to the Chiefs.
Should go 3-1 in that span but who knows with this coaching staff.
@ CHI - L 41-13

OAK - L 38-20

@ TEN - L 31-24

@ KC - L 44-6

Unless Khan wakes up and fires Gus now, in which case we can easily win 2 or 3 of these games.
I think we'll beat the bears and lose to the chiefs. The other 2 could go either way. I'd feel better about the tacks game if it weren't on Thursday night. I just feel like the TNF game favors the home team quite a bit.
Ehhhhhh I think we go 1-3 only beating the titans. Probably some competitive first half and then Gus will be outcoached in the second half of every game.
We can beat the Bears.

Oakland will beat us.

We can beat TEN

KC will roll

I see 2-2 next quarter. 3-5 overall
Away games are clearly the hardest games for this team. How many true away games has this team won under Gus? (Not including London)

We should be 3-1 out of these next 4 but we also should have beaten the Ravens. Who knows with this team.
We went 1-3 all but one close game

At worst we should go 2-2

Can go 3-1 if we split with KC and Oak

Quote:One things for sure, you better beat the Bears.

Don't have a good feeling of the Raider game, with Del Rio probably wanting to stick it to us.

We are better than the titans. Shut down Murray and we SHOULD win this one as well.

We SHOULD be 3-5 mindway through.

We should be 4-4 upon the close of the 2nd. qtr. of play...

NH3...
Quote:We can beat the Bears.

Oakland will beat us.

We can beat TEN

KC will roll

I see 2-2 next quarter. 3-5 overall

My thoughts as well.
4 and 0
3 road games and a Del Rio? We can be firmly in contention with Cleveland for #1 draft pick by midseason.
Quote:3 road games and a Del Rio? We can be firmly in contention with Cleveland for #1 draft pick by midseason.
#KeelOver4Kizer?
Man it really could be a good stretch for us... I have my serious doubts it wont tho. However the Raiders have been playing IMO pretty poorly overall and have yet to play anyone that great(I guess their lone L vs the falcons tho) and KC has been a real surprise IMO with how bad they have looked.... Otherwise we SHOULD beat the bears & titans tho. But again with this team who really knows...

Pages: 1 2