Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Supreme Court will decide whether 2020 Census can ask people if they're U.S. citizens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Supreme Court will decide whether 2020 Census can ask people if they're U.S. citizens in decision that will impact allocating House seats, Electoral College votes and BILLIONS of federal dollars
  • Census, conducted every 10 years, hasn't asked citizenship question since 1950 
  • Trump admininstration wants to add it back in, claiming the Justice Department wants the data in order to help enforce the Voting Rights Act
  • Federal judge slapped them down in January, and now the Supreme Court says it will take the case on an expedited basis so the Census can proceed on time
  • Non-citizens who are included in the Census distort the legal count of people who are supposed to determine the relative population of the 50 states
  • Those ratios determine how many seats each state gets in the House of Representatives and Electoral College votes in presidential contests
  • They also inform spending equations usede to distribute federal tax dollars to the states for everything from education to road repairs
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...izens.html
(02-15-2019, 05:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Supreme Court will decide whether 2020 Census can ask people if they're U.S. citizens in decision that will impact allocating House seats, Electoral College votes and BILLIONS of federal dollars
  • Census, conducted every 10 years, hasn't asked citizenship question since 1950 
  • Trump admininstration wants to add it back in, claiming the Justice Department wants the data in order to help enforce the Voting Rights Act
  • Federal judge slapped them down in January, and now the Supreme Court says it will take the case on an expedited basis so the Census can proceed on time
  • Non-citizens who are included in the Census distort the legal count of people who are supposed to determine the relative population of the 50 states
  • Those ratios determine how many seats each state gets in the House of Representatives and Electoral College votes in presidential contests
  • They also inform spending equations usede to distribute federal tax dollars to the states for everything from education to road repairs

I guess green card holders and legal residents are turkey [BLEEP], then?

If that question appears on my census, I won't answer it...but there are a lot of questions on the census that I don't answer.
(02-15-2019, 05:21 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2019, 05:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Supreme Court will decide whether 2020 Census can ask people if they're U.S. citizens in decision that will impact allocating House seats, Electoral College votes and BILLIONS of federal dollars

I guess green card holders and legal residents are turkey [BLEEP], then?

If that question appears on my census, I won't answer it...but there are a lot of questions on the census that I don't answer.

Green card holders and legal residents aren't citizens and don't get to vote in federal elections.