Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Objectification: Using Naked Women to Push Votes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun....tmobile-us

Just out of curiosity... Where is the left's righteous feminist indignation about using female pop stars stripping to drive voter turnout?
How is this effective? You don't have to vote to click a link and see naked pics. Am I obligated to vote if I looked at this? Is the boob police gonna track me down if I don't? If anything, this is really helping socially awkward teens who are not eligible to vote.
I'm ashamed for even responding to this before considering the source.. You do know funny or die is a comedy site, right?
The fact that you did a double take to try and denigrate the source lets me know some part of u acknowledges the hypocrisy!
Quote:The fact that you did a double take to try and denigrate the source lets me know some part of u acknowledges the hypocrisy!

Consider the source
Seeing this may actually switch my vote the other way.

[Image: katy-perry-naked.jpg?w=960]

These women are making the decision to pose nude. They are adults and allowed to do so. Feminists aren't opposed to nudity. They are opposed to the idea that women who are not choosing to be naked, being expected to fulfill someone else's ideological fantasies. Feminism is about women being able to make their own decisions. If a woman wants to stay at home and take care of her kids, she should be allowed to. If they want to work 70 hours a week they should be able to. It has more to do with the expectations put on women by society (both men and women) than it does with anything else.
Linking to a number of stories that all reference the same funny or die video doesn't make this any less satirical.
You act like this was Cicciolina stripping for votes in Italy.
Quote:These women are making the decision to pose nude. They are adults and allowed to do so. Feminists aren't opposed to nudity. They are opposed to the idea that women who are not choosing to be naked, being expected to fulfill someone else's ideological fantasies. Feminism is about women being able to make their own decisions. If a woman wants to stay at home and take care of her kids, she should be allowed to. If they want to work 70 hours a week they should be able to. It has more to do with the expectations put on women by society (both men and women) than it does with anything else.
All true but as will all groups and ideals feminism can and has been radicalized. You have your normal feminists who believe in it as you wrote it, then you have your radicals who take it way out of proportion. 
Quote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun....tmobile-us

Just out of curiosity... Where is the left's righteous feminist indignation about using female pop stars stripping to drive voter turnout?
What women choose to do on their own does not fall under the 'being used' category. The DNC didn't tell them to vote naked or use their star power to convince others to vote naked. You can't lay this on anyone. If people want to follow Madonna's and Katy's lead then that's on the individual, no one else, and people can sow their righteous indignation oats on them. Or better yet, just shut up because it's not their business what other adults do.
if you think today's feminists are cool with such an ad, you are really out of touch with feminism

the whole thing, joke or not, is designed to get your attention because HOT WOMAN NAKED. feminists hate this stuff.