Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Top 10 Most Disappointing Free Agent Signings of 2016 - 2 Jags included
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/nfl-10-w...k-osweiler

3.) Malik Jackson

7.) Tashaun Gipson

I think this is a little too quick for assumptions only being 5 games in...but whatever. Thought it would interesting to post.

After four weeks?!

Malik and Tashaun have both played fine so far this year. Dumb idea to do a list 5 games into a season.

Quote:Malik and Tashaun have both played fine so far this year. Dumb idea to do a list 5 games into a season.
Yea they have been fine, and its too early 
LOL ... who wrote that article .... Chris Ivory?

Quote:LOL ... who wrote that article .... Chris Ivory?

None other than someone named Steven Ruiz. Writer at "For the Win". Don't know anything about him.

[Image: ruiz.jpg?w=0&h=0&crop=1]
Malik? That's idiotic

Malik Jackson hasn't created pressure?
We are vulnerable to the deep ball? 

NEW FLASH.

Before this weekend (bye week) we are 6th in sack and something like 5th in passing yards allowed.

I have to side with the writer... I thought both players were non-existent all over the field yesterday.

I hope they buck their ideas up next week!

That is a premature ill-researched list indeed. It's like pulling names out of a hat. Guess he has to get those articles in. Osweiller, has merits topping it however. I didn't get the rationale to pick him up for that much after Denver ditched him if QB was your most glaring need. Why not go draft route and hope to get your franchise guy? Perhaps the Carr experience still haunted them. Though they gave him no line. Ah well, what mouth does last place have to judge...
Quote:I have to side with the writer... I thought both players were non-existent all over the field yesterday.

I hope they buck their ideas up next week!

Ha. Speaking of that, we seemed to lose the bye too yesterday. tacks and twinks both won. Only tinhorns lost, as expected. Or are we calling it a win, since tinhorns didn't pull away? So confusing.
Quote:Ha. Speaking of that, we seemed to lose the bye too yesterday. tacks and twinks both won. Only tinhorns lost, as expected. Or are we calling it a win, since tinhorns didn't pull away? So confusing.

Meh... I'm firmly in the camp of 'we didn't lose' - so I'm happy.
Gotta thank God for little mercies. A blank beats an L. Noted.
Lol both of them ahead of Sensabaugh who has been cut already. The writer is an idiot.

Jackson has been really good and now with Gipson FS isn't a weakness. The last 4 or 5 years it seemed like every game teams took advantage of whoever was playing the FS position. It's only 4 games in but that's not happening in there with Gipson. Both have been good signings up to this point
It's funny how they pu put both of those guys and not Ivory. It's still to early but if anyone should be on the list it's Ivory
Quote:Jackson has been really good and now with Gipson FS isn't a weakness. The last 4 or 5 years it seemed like every game teams took advantage of whoever was playing the FS position. It's only 4 games in but that's not happening in there with Gipson. Both have been good signings up to this point

I dont see how anybody can think Gipson has been a disappointment, I have not seen him give up anything thats right on him all year, plus he has a pick
That list is atrocious.

From an outside perspective, I think people are always going to look at Jackson as a "bust" because of the $90 million contract (unless he has a super productive year stat-wise which i dont think will happen).

As Ngakoue and Fowler continue to develop and get pressure, Jackson will start making some of those plays that make you say "wow". 

Pages: 1 2 3