Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Judge Rules Male-Only Military Draft Is Unconstitutional
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Judge Rules Male-Only Military Draft Is Unconstitutional

A federal court judge in Texas has struck a blow for "feminism," ruling Friday that a men-only draft is unconstitutional and represents an instance of "gender-based discrimination" under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43873/jud...aign=cnews
Get out those shiny Selective Service forms and pass 'em around.
That will go over about as well as reinstating the draft.
I know this sounds sexist, but I’m getting an inkling that equal rights are about to become more ‘nuanced’.
Not that any politician will ever nuke their career by reinstating the draft, but it is a nice gesture.
The only time the draft would come back would be in the event of WWIII
(02-25-2019, 07:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I know this sounds sexist, but I’m getting an inkling that equal rights are about to become more ‘nuanced’.

Hahaha.   Equal rights have been nuanced for some time already.
(02-25-2019, 12:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]The only time the draft would come back would be in the event of WWIII

I don't know how WWIII will be fought, but WWIIII will be fought with sticks and rocks.
(02-25-2019, 01:25 PM)Sammy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2019, 12:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]The only time the draft would come back would be in the event of WWIII

I don't know how WWIII will be fought, but WWIIII will be fought with sticks and rocks.

Thanks, Einstein!

Nah. So much of the military is automated at this point, they'd just strap nukes to drones and fly hordes of them straight into enemy cities.
Times like these young people should thank Trump for neutralizing the NK threat against the US.
(02-25-2019, 04:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Times like these young people should thank Trump for neutralizing the NK threat against the US.

hehehehe
(02-25-2019, 04:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Times like these young people should thank Trump for neutralizing the NK threat against the US.

"Neutralizing"

The only thing that's keeping North Korea in check in the slightest is their newfound bromance with South Korea. And probably some strong nudging from China that they should really consider not blowing up the Pacific Ocean right now.
(02-25-2019, 11:06 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]

"Neutralizing"

The only thing that's keeping North Korea in check in the slightest is their newfound bromance with South Korea. And probably some strong nudging from China that they should really consider not blowing up the Pacific Ocean right now.
I believe it is a combination of the blossoming Sk / Nk relationship along with the fact that Nk had a huge oops that collapsed a mountain as well as irradiated a ton of people, farm land, and water supplies. China has zero role and are vehemently against this new dialogue that can’t be manipulated by them for profit. In any case, the problem still exists. It just lies dormant for now.
NK will never resemble an open society as long as Kim draws air. His accountability for atrocities preclude any conditions towards true normality. I’m in the firm belief that the true aim of these talks are to facilitate his overthrow. Ultimately, Kim has to go.
(02-26-2019, 07:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]NK will never resemble an open society as long as Kim draws air. His accountability for atrocities preclude any conditions towards true normality. I’m in the firm belief that the true aim of these talks are to facilitate his overthrow. Ultimately, Kim has to go.

Would a government run by Kim's military really be all that much different? If you believe that Kim is the war hawk who won't stop until he has nuclear weapons capable of reaching the US, sure, but if Kim's top generals were really opposed to those weapons, would Kim still be allowed to sink so much money into them?
(02-26-2019, 10:20 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2019, 07:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]NK will never resemble an open society as long as Kim draws air. His accountability for atrocities preclude any conditions towards true normality. I’m in the firm belief that the true aim of these talks are to facilitate his overthrow. Ultimately, Kim has to go.

Would a government run by Kim's military really be all that much different? If you believe that Kim is the war hawk who won't stop until he has nuclear weapons capable of reaching the US, sure, but if Kim's top generals were really opposed to those weapons, would Kim still be allowed to sink so much money into them?

Keep in mind that Kim is a guy who worshiped the Chicago Bulls and Western society in general. The possibility of that type of society in NK has to be enticing to a guy like that. Also, the guy is 35 years old, and having the option of being dead or living like a king for the next 30 years (he will have a heart attack) seems like a no-brainer. Time will tell.
(02-26-2019, 10:20 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]

The sadistic whims of Kim keep his military leaders in a constant state of paranoia. It’s difficult to seed insurrection when they're all eyeing each other. If they know SK and the U.S. can immediately be in a supportive role if fat boy is overthrown, it might lend to a revolt. 
The Kim family is living large while everyone else is starving. I believe just a small glimpse of opportunity will quickly escalate into a coup.
Welp, this poor guy is about to be introduced to a wood chipper when he gets home.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/kim-jong-u...ond-summit
I have to wonder what some Vietnam vets are thinking about with all this taking place in Vietnam. Just seems to drive home the point that losing one's legs, or life, for Lyndon Johnson wasn't worth it.

And seeing Vietnam used as an example of what North Korea could be if Kim would just see the light is somehow very sad.
Pages: 1 2