Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is dorsett as fast and as explosive as Desean Jackson formally with the Eagles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just an observation.  Being I moderated a Hurricane college podcast show.  And heard about the outrageous speed and route running from Dorsett.  

Is he really as good as advertised?  And being the number 2 receiver is the potential and signs of explosiveness there.  To be the next Jackson?  While we all know all around Hilton is better aka Maclin.  Could Dorsett end up the headache for teams down the line?  Or am i just reading to much into things.  

Figured ask the clots fans who come on this board.  Cause the majority of other afc south fans.  Are for the most part well educated and informative. 

Thank you for your time. 

I prefer informal.  Perhaps a golf shirt and khakis.

Quote:I prefer informal.  Perhaps a golf shirt and khakis.

You never take me anywhere where I can dress up anymore!
Applebee's doesn't count?

He is pretty quick, I don't really see the quality route running.  He seems to me to be a one trick pony like Jackson early in his career.  I don't fear him at all and think Moncrief and Hilton should be worried about more.

I think if you lined them up and have them race straight down the field Dorsett might be a little faster but Jackson has much better agility and is more polished receiver. 

ya jackson has way better hands too

Quote:You never take me anywhere where I can dress up anymore!

You call that, dressed up?

Embarrassing.
This right here is why we don't have nice things.
Wow. The OP just puts his periods wherever he wants.

I think your reading too much into it. Who is Desean Jackson? He's no Julio Jones or Randy Moss.

Phillip Dorsett? Really?
Fuller is already better than Dorsett
As a Colts fan, I'd like to chime in.

No, Dorsett is not as explosive as Desean Jackson. Desean has shown the ability to be a play maker, something that Dorsett has not done yet -- at least not on a consistent basis. Dorsett is incredibly fast; however, how many fast receivers have come and gone in the NFL without producing anything? There is much more to being a receiver than having blinding speed.

Dorsett has good route running ability and good hands. T.Y. has chemistry with Luck, and so does Moncrief. Dorsett is third behind those two and if he never fully develops trust with Luck, he will not be more than a third option, which is a waste of a 1st round pick from a Colts fan perspective. Especially since Tyler Lockett and Jamison Crowder, who were picked later in the same draft and considered to have similar traits, have outplayed Dorsett thus far.

Another Grigson fail. Particularly bad when he wasn't even a need pick