Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Foles 2017 highlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There are SO many throws in this reel that Bortles wasn't capable of. This is such an upgrade at QB:

https://youtu.be/0DOflOjBVcc
Any sophomoric references to Nick Foles’ genitals whether abbreviated or otherwise will be edited and result in warnings.

Title of this thread will be edited thusly.
He does throw a nice catchable football and seems to put the ball in good spots based solely on that highlight reel. Lets get this guy some protection and weapons!! Lets play!!!!!
Foles 2017 stats

7 games starting nov 5th through dec 30th
QBR 79.5     comp 57     att 101     comp% 56.4      yards 537    pass yards/gm  76.7     y/att 5.3      td 5       int 2   

now during that same stretch of time nov-dec The highest rated QB in the league was BB5. In the playoffs Foles stats got better. But looking at his stats he was no world beat as a passer. i assume they ran a lot. I personally dont get the overpaid thing i mean he is basically BB and we were paying BB the same 20 mill. thats a lowball for a starting QB. It is just more then we could affored having to eat BB contract. i just cant get excited for somoen throwing at a 56.5 comp % with allstar weapons on offense. Makes what BB did with inferior weapons look good.
Good player, needs help around him.
(03-12-2019, 12:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Any sophomoric references to Nick Foles’ genitals whether abbreviated or otherwise will be edited and result in warnings.

That's literally his nickname dude...
(03-12-2019, 01:59 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Good player, needs help around him.

Well good thing he wasn't on the 2018 jags then.
Not to be negative or anything, but half of those throws in this the highlights would have been drops by jags WR and TE.
(03-12-2019, 04:38 AM)USCG_JAG Wrote: [ -> ]Not to be negative or anything, but half of those throws in this the highlights would have been drops by jags WR and TE.

That's an underrated part. Remember when Allen Robinson was winning all those jump balls the year Bortles threw 35 tds. I can hardly remember a tough grab made in traffic last year downfield.
(03-12-2019, 04:46 AM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2019, 04:38 AM)USCG_JAG Wrote: [ -> ]Not to be negative or anything, but half of those throws in this the highlights would have been drops by jags WR and TE.

That's an underrated part. Remember when Allen Robinson was winning all those jump balls the year Bortles threw 35 tds. I can hardly remember a tough grab made in traffic last year downfield.

That's because they were wobbly and thrown to the wrong part. That's the underrated part

(03-12-2019, 03:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2019, 12:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Any sophomoric references to Nick Foles’ genitals whether abbreviated or otherwise will be edited and result in warnings.

Yeah exactly I didn't make it up... And I didn't write it I used initials so if anybody knows what those initials mean that should be proof enough that it's already a thing  no?
Also, he gets the ball out fast and isant looking for the check down every play....3-4 seconds it’s out.
Our O linemen will be relieved to not get bonked in the back of the head with the football.
First play stares a guy down. Second play throws into double coverage, is bailed out by his receiver. Third play he throws to a guy about to get hit, receiver makes an acrobatic catch on the bounce.

Foles looks like the next Osweiler to me. If that turns out to be the case the upper management house must be cleaned.
(03-12-2019, 03:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm aware. 

It doesn't alter the board standards.

(03-12-2019, 06:37 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2019, 03:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]That's literally his nickname dude...

Yeah exactly I didn't make it up... And I didn't write it I used initials so if anybody knows what those initials mean that should be proof enough that it's already a thing  no?

No.
(03-12-2019, 07:47 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]First play stares a guy down. Second play throws into double coverage, is bailed out by his receiver. Third play he throws to a guy about to get hit, receiver makes an acrobatic catch on the bounce.

Foles looks like the next Osweiler to me. If that turns out to be the case the upper management house must be cleaned.

Username checks out.
You can't censor our lord and savior's nickname.
I thought his nickname was Checkdown Charlie
(03-12-2019, 01:26 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Foles 2017 stats

QBR 79.5     comp 57     att 101     comp% 56.4      yards 537    pass yards/gm  76.7     y/att 5.3      td 5       int 2   

now during that same stretch of time nov-dec The highest rated QB in the league was BB5. In the playoffs Foles stats got better. But looking at his stats he was no world beat as a passer. i assume they ran a lot. I personally dont get the overpaid thing i mean he is basically BB and we were paying BB the same 20 mill. thats a lowball for a starting QB. It is just more then we could affored having to eat BB contract. i just cant get excited for somoen throwing at a 56.5 comp % with allstar weapons on offense. Makes what BB did with inferior weapons look good.

I've argued this forever and even used the part where our OC did barely anything to help him and said he sucks so he couldn't do more.  We have to move on since he is suppose to take us from 5 wins to championship. At least he better if the MB GMs are correct
(03-12-2019, 10:57 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2019, 01:26 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Foles 2017 stats

I've argued this forever and even used the part where our OC did barely anything to help him and said he sucks so he couldn't do more.  We have to move on since he is suppose to take us from 5 wins to championship. At least he better if the MB GMs are correct

So you thought Bortles looked good last year?  He threw the ball well?  His mechanics looked fine?
A lot of thrown up prayers in that video. This could get interesting.
Pages: 1 2 3