Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blaking News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bortles can't throw a spiral

More at 8 o'clock tonight
I hope we trade him tonight
Draft Mr. Biscuit and trade Blake??
Haha no Watson so go cry about it like some sissies blake haters. Lol.
Quote:Haha no Watson so go cry about it like some sissies blake haters. Lol.

I don't think anyone here hates Blake, he just stinks.
Quote:I don't think anyone here hates Blake, he just stinks.

Haters
Quote:Haters

#facts
Blake was pure trash last year. Would not be upset if traded. Hopefully with a running game he won't be in position to lose the Game.
Quote:#facts

Haters
Team said all along they were going to draft to help Blake.

Some don't like to listen to anything but their own desires, instead of the facts.

Fournette can be great, but if the QB sucks it doesn't matter. We'll still lose. This is a passing league. The Fournette's aren't as important any more. Sure there is the rare exception like Zeke and the cowboys, but they aren't the norm. 

The way I see it, the more time the ball is in 4s hands, the less Mr. Pick 6 can do his thing.
Drafting 4Nette was the best thing that our offense needed. A STRONG running game. We'll also draft an top tier OG to upgrade our OL #OffensiveStrugglesFixed in the swipe of two picks.

BB5 will benefit from our 2017 NFL Draft selections.

NH3...
Quote:Team said all along they were going to draft to help Blake.

Some don't like to listen to anything but their own desires, instead of the facts.
Coughlin also said if value was there.  A new qb drafted could be an option. Not making it up. 
I really hope that Fournette has success here... however, until we do some serious upgrades to our o-line that is going to be a tough proposition; and even if the o-line gets upgraded, we still need to bring in some serious competition at quarterback. We aren't going to be winners in the NFL until we get a championship caliber quarterback. Bortles has left me not confident that he's the right guy here. Hopefully, he is on a very short leash this season. If Henne gets put in, it means we've conceded the season... and that Bortles was a mistake.

I've said before and I'm saying it again; you should build your line first and then add on the flashy stuff. We've been investing in flashy stuff and neglecting the line. It's like trying to build a house from the top down instead of first laying a foundation.

We'll see.... as we have been seeing for the last seven years or so.

Quote:Drafting 4Nette was the best thing that our offense needed. A STRONG running game. We'll also draft an top tier OG to upgrade our OL #OffensiveStrugglesFixed in the swipe of two picks.

NH3...

Can't say it any better
Quote:Drafting 4Nette was the best thing that our offense needed. A STRONG running game. We'll also draft an top tier OG to upgrade our OL #OffensiveStrugglesFixed in the swipe of two picks.

NH3...

If he can't read a defense any better than he did last year, a strong running game won't help and a strong running game won't fix accuracy issues.
Trading Bortles would be throwing away the season. What? you really want Henne as the starter? If we had Romo, Cousins or even McCown I'd might be ok with trading him, but no way in hell we trade him now.

Quote:Trading Bortles would be throwing away the season. What? you really want Henne as the starter? If we had Romo, Cousins or even McCown I'd might be ok with trading him, but no way in hell we trade him now.

If a lot of folks were being honest with themselves, they wouldn't be purposefully overlooking this.  Team has been "win now" mantra since Coughlin was brought back and stated their objective was to help Blake.  To move on is to say you're OK with not winning and taking lumps during a transition.

There's the possibility he cans himself.  That's up to him.  They're going to give him the opportunity to rise or fall on his own merit.  Coughlin expects to win with him.  If we don't, then they'll move to someone they feel can... but not until after that plays out.
Blake is the only QB in the AFC South that wasn't part of the Heisman Ceremony.

Pages: 1 2