Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Safety Options Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would you like to see it play out?
Harrison and earl thomas. Lol that would be my pie in the sky scenario.

Now back down the earth. I think we adress through the draft with Harrison playing the SS roll. Not a huge fan of most of our inhouse options at FS currently.
Harrison at SS. FA + Wilson battle it out for the other spot
I'd like to see Clinton-Dix. Maybe Iloka.

Keep Harrison at SS. I have a feeling they are looking at Wilson being the FS for now.
I'm fine with a few of these scenarios, but there's no way to choose multiples. In the interest of fairness, I went with Blank #2.

Harrison needs to have a starting role this year. He's got big things ahead of him. As to free safety, with all the veterans that have flooded the market, I don't really see the point in spending a ton of money on one. A mid-tier FA would make a lot of sense, regardless of what's done in the draft. If the right safety is there in the third or fourth round, by all means draft him, but I'd like to see an insurance policy more comforting than Jarrod Wilson if we go the rookie route.
I wouldn’t mind bringing in a mid tier free agent option and a mid round pick to battle it out along with the others. I’d rather keep Harrison at SS if at all possible. I’m not terribly thrilled about the prospect of Wilson starting full time at FS - especially considering how important that position is to our style of defense and how hard it took for us to find someone competent enough to play the position.
Comfortable with Harrison as a hybrid free/strong

Terrence Brooks is an interesting player that seemed to be stuck behind very talented safeties on the Jets. He did contribute to special teams. Would love to hear some more insight on him.
The choices are slim in free agency. I do wish we held on to Gipson
(03-12-2019, 11:49 AM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]Comfortable with Harrison as a hybrid free/strong

Terrence Brooks is an interesting player that seemed to be stuck behind very talented safeties on the Jets. He did contribute to special teams. Would love to hear some more insight on him.

Slim? 

The safety group is loaded this year. Surely everyone isn’t going to sign massive deals in the first few days of free agency. I’m 100% positive there will be a handful of decent guys that will be available for cheap 1 or 2 year deals just like last year.
fs - Ramsey
ss - Harrison
cb - AJ Bouye
cb - Rock ya-sin
(03-12-2019, 12:35 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]fs -  Ramsey
ss - Harrison
cb - AJ Bouye
cb - Rock ya-sin

Stop.
I hope they will sign a FA. Some of them could be sign on cheap/average contract.

Darian Stewart
Adrian Phillips
Tre Boston

Or maybe they feel like Wilson could be a starter, and then draft another FS with a late pick.

I still hate the idea of Gipson signing with the Texans.
As of right now, it's Harrison at SS and Wilson at FS, but only time will tell.

Harrison stays at SS regardless though.
Blank #2 is currently our starter at Free Safety, hope it stays that way, i'm drawing a blank on what plays theyve made but im drawing another blank on times they've busted coverages so they're already better than Barry Church etc.
(03-12-2019, 11:53 AM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2019, 11:49 AM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]Comfortable with Harrison as a hybrid free/strong

Slim? 

The safety group is loaded this year. Surely everyone isn’t going to sign massive deals in the first few days of free agency. I’m 100% positive there will be a handful of decent guys that will be available for cheap 1 or 2 year deals just like last year.

This years SS group is loaded, FS not so much.
(03-12-2019, 04:57 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2019, 11:53 AM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Slim? 

This years SS group is loaded, FS not so much.

I kind of like Harrison better at FS. His range and coverage ability is underrated. So, I'll say Harrison at FS... mid-tier FA at SS.