Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Does House have any trade value?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He went from big time free agent signing to starter. Then Ramsey and Amukamura showed him to the bench. Not to mention he has been aweful covering the deep ball.

A team like the Chargers that has lost a lot of players to injury could get desperate. Or any team for that matter.

I personally don't think he has any value but I may be a little too harsh.

Do you think he has any value or nah?
Good post, I think we cut him and Skuta at the end of the year anyway. Would put both on the trade block
I don't think he has any value but he was solely resposnible for giving the clots new life on critical 3rd downs last week when they were able to climb back onto the scoreboard. Been dissapointing so far. But as a whole the defense has played much better. Hopefully with a week off the young guys can get caught up again mentally and the older veterans can get their legs back under them better.

A 8th round pick in the draft maybe...

Quote:Good post, I think we cut him and Skuta at the end of the year anyway. Would put both on the trade block

I think we almost have to cut him. We would use that money to sign Amukamura. At this point in the season where everybody still has a chance to make the playoffs, I think teams like the Chargers could use extra veteran bodies.

I would be willing to take a 7th round pick for House.
Quote:I think we almost have to cut him. We would use that money to sign Amukamura. At this point in the season where everybody still has a chance to make the playoffs, I think teams like the Chargers could use extra veteran bodies.

I would be willing to take a 7th round pick for House.
neither House nor Skuta will be dead money if we cut them at the end of the year. That 10 mil we save can be used on Beachums contract
Quote:neither House nor Skuta will be dead money if we cut them at the end of the year. That 10 mil we save can be used on Beachums contract

Amukamura also
Probably not a whole lot with his contract.

I don't think he's quite as bad as most here do though.
Wow. Prince is only 27 too. Still got a couple good years left
Quote:Amukamura also
would be nice to get Prince back depending on the contract with his injury history. Beachum is more of a priority though
As good as Prince is, what kind of contract do you give him? Great player and guy but he just can't stay healthy for a full season.
Quote:would be nice to get Prince back depending on the contract with his injury history. Beachum is more of a priority though

We have Beachum on a 4 year/$40 million option after this season.
Quote:As good as Prince is, what kind of contract do you give him? Great player and guy but he just can't stay healthy for a full season.

Fair market value in AAV, but a deal that doesn't have too much in guaranteed money.
Rather keep House as the 4th corner and get Gratz off the roster.
Quote:Fair market value in AAV, but a deal that doesn't have too much in guaranteed money.

Perhaps similar to Brandon Flowers? 4 years 38 million. After year two can be cut for no dead money.
Quote:would be nice to get Prince back depending on the contract with his injury history. Beachum is more of a priority though

I think we have an option on Beachum. As I said, I think we just cut House. I don't think he has any trade value.
Quote:We have Beachum on a 4 year/$40 million option after this season.
we do
Quote:I think we have an option on Beachum. As I said, I think we just cut House. I don't think he has any trade value.
it is an option and he is more of a priority than Prince. Let's see if Prince can make it through the rest of the season healthy. If he does I would definitely give him an offer on a front loaded contract. I haven't even looked at the free agents for next year
Quote:Perhaps similar to Brandon Flowers? 4 years 38 million. After year two can be cut for no dead money.

Yeah, around there. Kareem Jackson signed a 4 year/$34 million deal with $20 million guaranteed this offseason. I'd hope to sign him to something like that, albeit with a bit less guaranteed. This is assuming Prince keeps up his play and stays healthy though.
No reason to trade him. We need depth at that position considering Prince always gets hurt.
Pages: 1 2 3