Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I'm coming to Jacksonville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll be in Duval for the Saints at Jaguars game.

We plan on staying out there five nights... arriving around 4 pm on October 10th and leaving around 2 pm on October 15th.

I'm still trying to figure out where to say preferably somewhere "SW of Beach Blvd" to be near my wife's parents.

Moreover, I need to know where in the stadium I should look to buy tickets. Where do you guy's recommend? Where do you sit? I'd love to meet some of you.

Any suggestions?
Just take note, the Gator Lodge got renamed to "Midtown Lodge", wouldn't want you to miss out!
Jags02, I have two season tickets that unfortunately, I don't always get a chance to use. Let me digest this schedule and I may have two good seats available at a "great" price.
(04-18-2019, 09:57 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Jags02, I have two season tickets that unfortunately, I don't always get a chance to use. Let me digest this schedule and I may have two good seats available at a "great" price.

Right on.

Let me know as soon as you can. Also, what section/row so I can take a look?

Also, we're going with someone, so I'm wondering you think there might be available seats next to you or would they all already be sold out there? 

(04-18-2019, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Just take note, the Gator Lodge got renamed to "Midtown Lodge", wouldn't want you to miss out!

What's that?
(04-18-2019, 01:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2019, 09:57 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Jags02, I have two season tickets that unfortunately, I don't always get a chance to use. Let me digest this schedule and I may have two good seats available at a "great" price.

Right on.

Also, we're going with someone, so I'm wondering you think there might be available seats next to you or would they all already be sold out there? 

(04-18-2019, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Just take note, the Gator Lodge got renamed to "Midtown Lodge", wouldn't want you to miss out!

What's that?
Ignore our snarky friend 02.  It's an "hourly" hotel.
(04-18-2019, 01:42 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2019, 01:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Right on.

What's that?
Ignore our snarky friend 02.  It's an "hourly" hotel.
 Er.... motel.
What's not to like about crack ho's?
(04-18-2019, 01:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]

Right on.

What's that?
There may be two to my right (6&7 I think) available but usually my section is pretty full and with seat relocations happening soon it could throw a wrench in availability. I'm section 114, row Q, seats 11 & 12 if you want to see if it will work for ya.
(04-18-2019, 01:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2019, 01:42 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore our snarky friend 02.  It's an "hourly" hotel.
 Er.... motel.

Doh!  As much time as I spend on the road I should really know the difference.
(04-18-2019, 12:17 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still trying to figure out where to say preferably somewhere "SW of Beach Blvd" to be near my wife's parents.

Let me get this straight........you want to be "near" your wife's parents???
(04-18-2019, 01:46 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2019, 01:15 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Right on.

What's that?
There may be two to my right (6&7 I think) available but usually my section is pretty full and with seat relocations happening soon it could throw a wrench in availability. I'm section 114, row Q, seats 11 & 12 if you want to see if it will work for ya.

It turns out we'll only need two after all, and those are great seats. Let me know!
(04-18-2019, 04:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2019, 12:17 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still trying to figure out where to say preferably somewhere "SW of Beach Blvd" to be near my wife's parents.

Let me get this straight........you want to be "near" your wife's parents???

LOL!!!

We do. It's been like 20 years, and she's in her late 70s with Parkinson's. It's very likely the last chance we'll get to see her. 
It's all set.

We'll be staying out in Bartrum Park (south of Southside), and we'll be in Section 114 P.

Oh, and I don't need those two tickets, but thanks for the offer. An angel has covered the airline tickets, game ticket and hotel stay, and a my wife's mom is trying to raise some spending money for us.

One more huge thing I get to cross off my bucket list.
(04-18-2019, 06:01 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]It's all set.

We'll be staying out in Bartrum Park (south of Southside), and we'll be in Section 114 P.

Oh, and I don't need those two tickets, but thanks for the offer. An angel has covered the airline tickets, game ticket and hotel stay, and a my wife's mom is trying to raise some spending money for us.

That's Bartram Park and that is an area called Mandarin.  That's about 10 minutes from me.
(04-18-2019, 07:12 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]

That's Bartram Park and that is an area called Mandarin.  That's about 10 minutes from me.

Right on. Hopefully we could get together.

From what I can tell, it's just SE of Mandarin.

Nice!
F- it will be good to see you again. It's been a long time since we stumbled through that beer festival in Oregon.
(04-19-2019, 09:49 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]F- it will be good to see you again. It's been a long time since we stumbled through that beer festival in Oregon.

That was fun. I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, we have a day to do something on the Friday before the game. We'll be going to St. Augustine on Monday where we fell in love.

Anyways, we're sort of thinking about heading down to the Epcot Center... I see it's only like 2 1/2 hours away from where we're staying, but what do you think as far a destination for the day?
The Florida guys/girls are better resources as to what would be best for a destination. All of the Orlando attractions are terrific, just not my area of interest.

St. Augustine, of course, is a great place to visit and I see you've got that planned.