Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2019 State of the Franchise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/11...1925664768

(presentation will broadcast live on jaguars.com)
Updates would be appreciated if anyone has time. Been busy as hell at work
Shad Khan:

...here we are celebrating 25 years, and in 25 years we'll still be here, stronger than ever.

...our 25th anniversary logo prominently features the city of Jacksonville skyline... the Jaguars and the city and people of Jax got it done together in 1995 and that's how we will continue to roll.

Coughlin:

We are close to 100% attendance in our conditioning and quite frankly we all should be here.
Lamping:

Revenue has steadily increased for us in recent years. Largely due to diversification of added revenue streams, London, and a playoff appearance.

...as our revenue grows, so goes our investment in the community.
Lamping hashing out the typical push and pull of the challenges faced by a small market team to remain competitive with the other franchises financially - selling tickets, retaining season ticket holders, being creative to overcome these obstacles, etc, etc.
(04-18-2019, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Lamping hashing out the typical push and pull of the challenges faced by a small market team to remain competitive with the other franchises financially  -  selling tickets,  retaining season ticket holders,  being creative to overcome these obstacles, etc, etc.

Win games
(04-18-2019, 11:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2019, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Lamping hashing out the typical push and pull of the challenges faced by a small market team to remain competitive with the other franchises financially  -  selling tickets,  retaining season ticket holders,  being creative to overcome these obstacles, etc, etc.

Win games

Plan for overcoming Small-Market Bias.
Thanks NYC - keep em coming. I wish I could help you out but I’m swamped at work right now. When I get a moment I’ll post what I can.
Lot J talk...
Lot J:

We hope for Hart bridge elevated lane construction to begin after the Jags season is complete. Hopefully delayed by home playoff games.

We are prepared to move ahead with Lot J development and we have 500M in funding dedicated to begin.
Anxious to work with mayor to make this a reality.

Current drawing/proposal:

[Image: ScreenShot2019-04-18at11.21.05AM.png]
Hype video hitting a few things, but outlines an upcoming "25 list" of Jags 25 most notable players historically.
Draft party also being promoted.

Presentation over -- Khan and Coughlin to talk to media and Jags.com reps momentarily.
https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...79010?s=21

Welcome to Jacksonville. Where we would prefer to remain a pass thru town on the way to Orlando, Tampa, and Miami.

https://twitter.com/benmurphytv/status/1...37376?s=21
NYC4Jags, thanks for taking the time to post the updates from it!

Unfortunately, I'm in Nashville and never been to Jacksonville so the updates on things going on around the streets goes over my head...but I still like to learn as much as I can Big Grin
A new stadium -- or major renovations to TIAA Field--are coming. Possibly a roof on the current stadium, like the Dolphins have done. Or if that's not feasible, a new stadium. It would be good for the team, from a revenue standpoint, to find a way to keep the fans cool during the hot September games. Probably could increase attendance that way.
(04-18-2019, 12:43 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]NYC4Jags, thanks for taking the time to post the updates from it!

Unfortunately, I'm in Nashville and never been to Jacksonville so the updates on things going on around the streets goes over my head...but I still like to learn as much as I can Big Grin

The elevated roadway talk is about an existing long and high ramp to a bridge that is a hindrance to the development of the shipyards area on the waterfront. (among other things) 

Removing and relocating the ramp is a key first step in developing the area(s) around the stadium.
Pages: 1 2