Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF ranks our o line at 14 in the league
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Top half! Woo hoo!

Who wants to chant with me?!?!

"We're better than average! We're better than average!"

If 14 is average...I'm still well below average.

The offensive line (in terms of pass protection) has been one of the bright spots of this offense, hopefully the adjustments to the run game will help improve that area.

Quote:Top half! Woo hoo!

Who wants to chant with me?!?!

"We're better than average! We're better than average!"

'We believe in mediocrity... we believe in mediocrity'...
I've been on this board for over 10 years or so. I don't recall one off season where there's not been Oline fear. Happens every year before the season and before they start to gel. it will happen next offseason too.

Quote:I've been on this board for over 10 years or so. I don't recall one off season where there's not been Oline fear. Happens every year before the season and before they start to gel. it will happen next offseason too.

To be fair it hasn't really been a strength since 2007.

I still have nightmares of the opening game in 2008. Ouch.
If the Colts are 22nd, there must be some real bad offensive lines out there.

Real bad.
Quote:To be fair it hasn't really been a strength since 2007.

I still have nightmares of the opening game in 2008. Ouch.
No, definitely not a strength for sure, but the angst is 100%.
If we return these same starters next year, I'd imagine there won't be much anxiety heading into the season. Especially if Omameh proves to be the answer at LG or Dave drafts a G/T.
Draft OL in the first 3 rounds next year.  I like our guys but you can never have too many good ones.  It would be a luxury to draft good players and not have to start them right away.  

Definitely an improvement, I'd imagine it will get pretty ugly when we play Broncos/Chiefs/Vikings though.

They are killing teams.
Quote:Definitely an improvement, I'd imagine it will get pretty ugly when we play Broncos/Chiefs/Vikings though.

They are killing teams.

The Broncos and Vikings yes, the Chiefs have struggled to generate a pass rush without Justin Houston, he's the best player on that defense and makes that unit go. He should be back sometime in November, hopefully its after Nov 6th.
But yet we cant run the ball to save our lives...

Without looking I bet were dead last in rushing.
titans are #1? Um, anybody who has watched their games knows that is waaay off base. Welp, PFF...
Quote:titans are #1? Um, anybody who has watched their games knows that is waaay off base. Welp, PFF...
the Titans do have a good oline, Mariota just sucks. They dont have the best oline though.
Quote:The Broncos and Vikings yes, the Chiefs have struggled to generate a pass rush without Justin Houston, he's the best player on that defense and makes that unit go. He should be back sometime in November, hopefully its after Nov 6th.

Fingers crossed.
Dead last in rushing and 3rd to last in sacks. This o line is way worse than 14th

Quote:Dead last in rushing and 3rd to last in sacks. This o line is way worse than 14th

Perhaps pass blocking gave them a boost.
Pages: 1 2 3