Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Aaron Colvin reinstated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Monday the NFL let us get Aaron Colvin back. However, no player transactions to put him back on the active roster were reported. The bye week is already a win because of his return to Jacksonville.

I'm guessing joeckel to IR is the corepsonding move. And thank goodness for Colvin being back, because hopefully that means House won't be seeing much of the field anymore going forward.
Quote:I'm guessing joeckel to IR is the corepsonding move. And thank goodness for Colvin being back, because hopefully that means House won't be seeing much of the field anymore going forward.

This is great timing, we've missed him dearly IMO.
Quote:I'm guessing joeckel to IR is the corepsonding move. And thank goodness for Colvin being back, because hopefully that means House won't be seeing much of the field anymore going forward.
Looks like House and/or Gratz might have caught a break with Joeckel's injury. 
Having Colvin back helps. But now I feel like between House letting up a bit. And with Johnson stepping up. Amukmara back from injury and Ramsey stepping up. We now have an interesting set-up of five corners. If House continues to struggle I'd imagine they kick him down the depth chart in favor of promoting Ramsey to his position and putting Colvin into the nickel slot with Johnson and Amukmara rotating in and out. 

I'm wondering the lineup now. With House struggling a bit I would think Ramsey/Prince outside, Colvin in the Nickel and then House as the #4. Which is really, really solid. Here's to hoping Gratz never sees the field again.

Quote:I'm wondering the lineup now. With House struggling a bit I would think Ramsey/Prince outside, Colvin in the Nickel and then House as the #4. Which is really, really solid. Here's to hoping Gratz never sees the field again.
Ramsey and Amukamara on the corners.

Colvin in the slot.  

That's what I'd do at this point. 
Quote:Looks like House and/or Gratz might have caught a break with Joeckel's injury.
Temporarily. I'm guessing we'll be making a move to get depth back on the OL soon.
Quote:Ramsey and Amukamara on the corners.

Colvin in the slot.  

That's what I'd do at this point. 
That's my guess too. 

I'd also expect Prince to get hurt at some point since that seems to be his MO. Then House steps in for him. Who would have thought that the CBs and Dline would have the greatest depth on this team.
At a glance, i thought the thread title said "Colvin Released". I was like "What!?!"
Quote:That's my guess too. 

I'd also expect Prince to get hurt at some point since that seems to be his MO. Then House steps in for him. Who would have thought that the CBs and Dline would have the greatest depth on this team.
Yeah. It's crazy.  

I mean, we did see the depth at DT coming when Jackson was signed and Day was drafted,  and WR is still deeper than DB at this point, but... yeah. 

It's good to have depth in the secondary beyond just a wing and a prayer UDFA or scrap heap waiver pick-up.