Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What are we gonna do a WR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think we should add atleast 2 guys. We still don’t have a true WR1.

Anyway we can bring Hurns back?
Not too concerned about WR, because this is a deep class at WR.

Lots of big, physical WRs in this group. I suspect we'll get one in the 5th...though I would not object to another TE, either.
Westbrook, Cole, and Lee are going to be our smaller frame burners and I'm guessing the coaches are content with Chark and Conley being our Bigger jump ball receivers.

I really wanted Butler but i highly doubt he is going to make it to our pick in the 5th.
(04-27-2019, 06:44 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]Westbrook, Cole, and Lee are going to be our smaller frame burners and I'm guessing the coaches are content with Chark and Conley being our Bigger jump ball receivers.

I really wanted Butler but i highly doubt he is going to make it to our pick in the 5th.

I tend to agree, I actually think the FO was pretty content with our wide receiving corps all along and they dont see a huge need to draft a WR. Just in terms of value (in the late third), I would agree that Butler would have been a pretty good pick imo. But with Westbrook, Cole, Lee, Chark and Conley + our newly drafted TE Oliver, I think maybe they just want to fill up some holes in the defense, add depth and maybe get a RB in the 7th or UDFA (since Fournette is still THE guy for now). I actually thought they would get another Oliner, just for insurance, and I would have preferred it over Williams.
But I dont see a pressing need for us to get a WR this year, the class is deep but not exceptionally talented. Get a FS, a RB and maybe Oline Depth.
We need a RB and safety more than a WR.
The sleeper pick , David Sills, get him before the Patriots do and he becomes a star.
I would trade every pick we have to get Hakeem Butler, he is a true number 1 imo

1. Butler
2. Gardner
3. Thompson
The receivers I wanted were Metcalf, Isabella & Butler.

Butler is still out there. Harmon would aldo be a decent selection. But I was surprised Arizona took Isabella in RD2.

I was expecting him still on the board today. He's explosive and put up huge numbers at UMASS but he's undersized.

Bummed on that one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(04-27-2019, 03:59 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should add atleast 2 guys. We still don’t have a true WR1.

How would Hurns help in our need for a WR1? Who would you want to take playing time away from?

Our need for a WR1 and refusal to draft one suggests to me that the front office have a lot of confident in Chark to step into that role this season. He's the big fast downfield threat you're talking about. Let's all hope it works out.

I'm sure they'll draft someone today, there is a staggering amount of WR talent still on the board, which was always going to be the case. Plenty of big dudes too, I expect we get one of them.
Garry Jennings is my2nd WR behind Butler

(04-27-2019, 08:07 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]The receivers I wanted were Metcalf, Isabella & Butler.

Butler is still out there. Harmon would aldo be a decent selection. But I was surprised Arizona took Isabella in RD2.

I was expecting him still on the board today. He's explosive and put up huge numbers at UMASS but he's undersized.

Bummed on that one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I want surprised at all with Isabella going round 2.  He was the best WR in college this past year behind Judy
The risk on Butler is his hands. Apparently he has hands of stone which is probably why he is falling.
(04-27-2019, 08:46 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]The risk on Butler is his hands.  Apparently he has hands of stone which is probably why he is falling.

He does but still put up over 1300 yards.  6'5 230 ran a 4.4 is rare
(04-27-2019, 08:12 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2019, 03:59 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should add atleast 2 guys. We still don’t have a true WR1.

How would Hurns help in our need for a WR1? Who would you want to take playing time away from?

Our need for a WR1 and refusal to draft one suggests to me that the front office have a lot of confident in Chark to step into that role this season. He's the big fast downfield threat you're talking about. Let's all hope it works out.

I'm sure they'll draft someone today, there is a staggering amount of WR talent still on the board, which was always going to be the case. Plenty of big dudes too, I expect we get one of them.

I'm still amazed that people don't see that Chark is here to be the #1. He needed development and a quarterback as does just about every rookie receiver, now we see how it turns out.
(04-27-2019, 08:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I would trade every pick we have to get Hakeem Butler, he is a true number 1 imo

1. Butler
2. Gardner
3.  Thompson

Then this would be a poor draft, when you look back and youv'e traded your 5th, 6th and two 7's for a guy you coulda got with one of your 3's?
I'm fine with WR. Having better QB play is gonna make for more productive WR play and having a good TE like Oliver is gonna help the receivers as well.
(04-27-2019, 10:01 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2019, 08:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I would trade every pick we have to get Hakeem Butler, he is a true number 1 imo

1. Butler
2. Gardner
3.  Thompson

Then this would be a poor draft, when you look back and youv'e traded your 5th, 6th and two 7's for a guy you coulda got with one of your 3's?

I just think those are the last 3 that can be day 1 starters.  Usually our late round picks don't even make the team or we pit them on the practice squad and someone claims them
We're going to keep on pretending that Lee has some untapped upside, that Cole was actually a diamond in the rough and not a guy who had a handful of fluky games while teams were still adjusting to our crosser heavy passing game, and pray that our umpeenth attempt at taking someone elses size/speed castoff FA is going to finally hit the jackpot for us.

In reality, we're going to continue to trot out one of the bottom 5 WR corps in the league.
There's a lot riding on Chark. We took him in the 2nd last year and it was a completely wasted year for him. Between Bad Blake and Kessler behind our Practice Squad OL, Chark had 0 chance to develop. If he can live up to the hype, then Chark at 1, Dede at 2, and Lee/Conley/Cole is a perfectly passable WR corps. Agholor is probably available too and Foles would have some insight on him
We have a quality WR Corp that I expect will show up on the stat sheet this year barring injury. Wouldn’t mind getting Butler though. He is/was my favorite receiver in the little bit I watched of the receivers coming out this year. Don’t think he’ll be there in the 5th.
WRs I want for the Jags on day 3:

Anthony Johnson
Jamal Custis
Keelan Doss
Stanley Morgan jr (tom will love him)
Reggie White jr
Cody Thompson
Jacobi Meyers
Dillon Mitchell

(im presuming the likes of Butler, Lodge, Harmon, Hall are all gone in round 4)
Pages: 1 2