Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 5th round pick : Ryquell Armstead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
RB, Temple.  5'11, 220 lbs.

210 attempts, 1098 yards, 13 TD.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ryquell-ar...f8e3f1c566

He has great vision and quickness, but doesn’t seem to have the ability to make people miss in space. What was his 40?
(04-27-2019, 02:00 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]He has great vision and quickness, but doesn’t seem to have the ability to make people miss in space. What was his 40?

Was really hoping for a receiving back

I like this guy alright, but...
Kind of a Leonard Fournette clone.

They said on TV that he's an outstanding character guy too.
The Soul of Gene Smith has slide in. Small school, need, high character. Dave Smith is alive
I think theyre trying to establish a power run identity like 2017 when they had Ivory who was also a bruiser spelling fournette. Also insurance for Fournette if he gets injured again, bc no one stepped up when he went down last year and it really hurt us. Also did anyone see the Jags sprint to the podium immediatly after the cardinals turned their pick in?
Highlight reel looks good. I like the way he runs, good vision, quick as well. hmmm...
We are going to need to hand the ball off often because Foles is a statue compared to Bortles when it comes to scrambling.
(04-27-2019, 02:17 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]We are going to need to hand the ball off often because Foles is a statue compared to Bortles when it comes to scrambling.

Nah, the O-Line is gonna do its job this year. Think positive.
(04-27-2019, 02:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The Soul of Gene Smith has slide in.  Small school, need, high character.   Dave Smith is alive

Temple is not a small school.  Perhaps you should check some of the players that have come out of Temple.
I would have preferred a space back type but i like Armstead he runs 100mph every single play
(04-27-2019, 02:18 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2019, 02:17 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]We are going to need to hand the ball off often because Foles is a statue compared to Bortles when it comes to scrambling.

Nah, the O-Line is gonna do its job this year. Think positive.

I am positive. You can't see the positivity in my words? For shame. OL can't block forever btw. People get tired too.
Another power back to add to Fournette, Rawls, and Blue? Not exactly what we needed...
(04-27-2019, 02:25 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2019, 02:18 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, the O-Line is gonna do its job this year. Think positive.

I am positive. You can't see the positivity in my words? For shame. OL can't block forever btw. People get tired too.
Maybe one of the backup swing tackles can be moved inside to compete with Cann. I’d just prefer Linder go back to guard and use Shatley at center.
(04-27-2019, 02:22 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2019, 02:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The Soul of Gene Smith has slide in.  Small school, need, high character.   Dave Smith is alive

Temple is not a small school.  Perhaps you should check some of the players that have come out of Temple.

Lol, that is funny.
https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/11181368...73379?s=20

(04-27-2019, 02:31 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Another power back to add to Fournette, Rawls, and Blue? Not exactly what we needed...

Well we did sign Benny Cunningham too.
He's pretty good. Watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iubQsYk4t7E
(04-27-2019, 02:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, that is funny.

So is this quote you made in absolute confidence that's in my sig. I applaud you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5