Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: More Josh Allen Highlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What strikes me about this is how often Allen is blatantly held by opposing LTs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpNQJDpTTg
As much as I wanted TJ, If Allen and Bryan lives up to their potential, this dline is gonna be dominant. We already know what Yannick is and Smoot is my sleeper this year for one of the most improved. I dont think any player improved over the 2nd half of last season as much as Smoot did except maybe Bryan when they moved him to 3 tech
Fire Caldwell, he picked a guy I’d never heard of 100 picks into the draft!
If he didn't play for the Jaguars he'd probably draw about 5 holding penalties per game. When I see him bend the corner I just keep seeing Von Miller.
What I love most about Allen's production...

He was a one man show. No one else to draw attention and/or make his job easier.

Now imagine him paired with the current Jaguar front men and their combinations...
(04-27-2019, 11:17 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]What I love most about Allen's production...

He was a one man show.  No one else to draw attention and/or make his job easier.

Now imagine him paired with the current Jaguar front men and their combinations...

Good point.

Ferrill had two other first round picks on the D line taking attention from him at Clemson.

Now I  imagine Ngakoue on the Ts outside shoulder and Allen outside of him.

If the o line doesn't slide protection  that side, their QB gets hit.  If they do slide to that side, it leaves Campbell one on one at LDE, with the opportunity to rush outside, the rest of the d line slanting left, and or sending a blitz to that side.

Offenses would have to change personnel and formation to cope with that.

Perhaps they run a 2 TE set to provide extra protection.  Maybe teams that split a TE wide are less inclined to do so.  Maybe they keep a RB in as well.

Offenses would also have to run quicker drops and shorter routes to offset that.  The problem there is it should lead to more batted passes at the LOS, and it then plays into the other strengths of the defense-the coverage.

With Telvin Smith and Jack's speed and athleticism, they can cut off underneath passing.

If offenses are focusing on protecting the QB, that likely means fewer WRs.  But we arguably have the best CB tandem in football.  Not too many receivers are going to win against those guys.

I think you're going to see more teams running the ball to ,minimize hits on the QB.

The problem with that is it keeps the score down, which plays into the hands of our offense.

Without having to get into many shootouts, we can run the ball more.  Not as much pressure is placed on Foles.  He will be able to use play action, which makes our receivers and Oliver more effective.  

Yeah, needless to say I am excited about the possibilities.
Man, how many times did he get blatantly held in those highlights? That was ridiculous.
He's going to have it made this year with Campbell and Ngakoue eating up all the double teams, as well as not being thrown into a situation where hes got to be the man from day 1.

You also know he's going to get pushed by Ngakoue and Campbell to be the best he can be. Ngakoue already told him to be prepared to work hard.
(04-28-2019, 09:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]He's going to have it made this year with Campbell and Ngakoue eating up all the double teams, as well as not being thrown into a situation where hes got to be the man from day 1.

You also know he's going to get pushed by Ngakoue and Campbell to be the best he can be. Ngakoue already told him to be prepared to work hard.

I like that.  Those are two outstanding role models/mentors for him.  It's not surprising he got that message.

Where did you hear that?
(04-28-2019, 09:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2019, 09:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]He's going to have it made this year with Campbell and Ngakoue eating up all the double teams, as well as not being thrown into a situation where hes got to be the man from day 1.

I like that.  Those are two outstanding role models/mentors for him.  It's not surprising he got that message.

Where did you hear that?

Ngakoue tweeted him. Campbell sent him one also.

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...1016044545

https://twitter.com/Campbell93/status/11...0304059393
This pick just helps every single defensive player. It helps Ramsey, Bouye, Harrison, Jack, Telvin, Yan and Campbell. Jags absolutely nailed this draft.