Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Undrafted Free Agent Signing List and Tryout Invitees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just the actual signers.   They were going to sign 19  UDFAs: They signed 21

[Image: D5Q_Z05WAAUapo_.jpg]

[font=Helvetica, Roboto,][font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Roboto,][font=Helvetica, Roboto,]Minicamp Invitees[/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font=Helvetica, Roboto,][font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Roboto,][font=Helvetica, Roboto,]RB Taj McGowan -UCF
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
Iowa State LB Willie Harvey Jr.
TE Michael Colubiale  - UCF
Giles-Harris stand out to me

Thanks for making this a concise compilation!
(04-28-2019, 01:11 AM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]Giles-Harris stand out to me

Thanks for making this a concise compilation!

He may be my new spirit animal

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/joe-giles-...d2ea366a3d
  • Funk bringer when he gets a chance to bang
One OG, what a surprise. At least he's a decent one. It still amazes me how clueless this front office is, when it comes to the O-Line. Hopefully Stallings pushes for the RG spot. Bunchy Stallings, Tyre Brady and Joe Giles-Harris should all push for roster spots.
Only 2 Safeties, 1 OG and pretty much only 1 RB in McGowan as an invitee. Hmm, not really addressing the needs imo although you gotta work with what you got. At least there are a lot of WRs.
(04-28-2019, 01:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]One OG, what a surprise. At least he's a decent one. It still amazes me how clueless this front office is, when it comes to the O-Line. Hopefully Stallings pushes for the RG spot. Bunchy Stallings, Tyre Brady and Joe Giles-Harris should all push for roster spots.

In your opinion how many undrafted guards would you bring in? And who would you take off the list to make room? And why?
(04-28-2019, 06:14 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Did we find our punt returner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqF3PJVi...oBVCTnmMvs

Outstanding open field ability.
Whoa, I'm pretty intrigued by that kid Walker. That's an impressive highlight reel. More than just the returns, he seems like he some ability as a WR too. He looks like he'd catch 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs if he played with Tom Brady. Found this blurb about him from the BC pro day...

"Michael Walker, who didn’t receive an invite to the combine, showed that he has some potential to make a splash as a likely undrafted free agent signing. While his 40-yard time (4.46) was not as good as it likely needs to be, he did display some strong athleticism by racking up 21 bench press reps, tying Jeff Smith for the highest vertical (36.5), and finishing tied for third in the three-cone drill (6.96). His time in the three-cone drill would’ve finished sixth among wide receivers at the NFL combine, while his 60-yard shuttle time (11.26) would’ve led the position unit."

The article knocks his 40 time but that seems more than fast enough. More importantly are the 60 yard and 3 cone time. Those wouldnt be wind aided like a 40 could be and I cant imagine the turf at BC is faster than it is in Indy. Looking at his bio from school he is listed at 6'0-195 so take an inch off that and 5-10 pounds. So definitely a littler guy. Looking at his stats, BC primarily used him as a returner. His Soph year he was getting some play at receiver. 30 catches, 400 yards and 4 TDs. You'd think he would have only gotten better but then he wasnt used much as a JR and SR. Doesnt look like he missed much time from injuries. Bad hands? You wouldnt think so looking at some of those highlight catches. BC's QB play did tank his junior year. A little better this past year. Sure there is a lot more to his back story but on the surface he looks like he has a lot of potential.
Gotta love his name...."Bunchy"!
but whoa....looks like a very decent in the trenches type....
"Playing right guard for Kentucky, Stallings earned first-team All-America honors from the Associate Press as a senior and was twice named the Southeastern Conference's Offensive lineman of the week. He helped pave the way for Benny Snell's three consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons while starting 25 of 26 games in his last two seasons in Lexington. Stallings also served as Kentucky's backup center."
About mid-way through you can see Jeff Smith throwing a couple passes on trick plays...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7bepmTrBkk
(04-28-2019, 01:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]One OG, what a surprise. At least he's a decent one. It still amazes me how clueless this front office is, when it comes to the O-Line. Hopefully Stallings pushes for the RG spot. Bunchy Stallings, Tyre Brady and Joe Giles-Harris should all push for roster spots.

Yup. #prayforcam
They did alot of work on B.C.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ky_clips/stat...96?lang=en

Watch this 10 times in a row and feel happy.
(04-28-2019, 08:43 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: [ -> ]They did alot of work on B.C.

Hmmmm I wonder why....?
I think Jeff Smith went to the Jets.
(04-28-2019, 09:15 AM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmmmm I wonder why....?

hmph! thats easy. cause it rhymes wit T.C.
(04-28-2019, 09:15 AM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmmmm I wonder why....?

I was just thinking the same thing, hmmmmmmmm.....
(04-28-2019, 04:18 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

In your opinion how many undrafted guards would you bring in? And who would you take off the list to make room? And why?

Since it wasn't addressed in the draft and we have zero depth, I'd bring in 3 OG's. I would replace Andrew Williams (another 3 technique with limited upside), Jeff Smith (receiver with limited upside) and Marquez Sanford (smallish, unproductive CB from a small school) with the OG's I bring in.
Pages: 1 2 3 4