Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jason Myers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just wondering where all of the haters are?  He's done well thus far.

I need more than 4 weeks to judge him. Still get anxious every time he's out there.

Quote:I need more than 4 weeks to judge him. Still get anxious every time he's out there.

Me too he's been good so far.
Great back up but  just not a starter in this league.

I could go back and bring up some threads that wanted to get rid of him and bring Scobee back.  The kid is doing quite well so far....   Hmm.... that sounds kind of familiar.

Quote:Great back up but  just not a starter in this league.

Based on?

The haters haven't gone anywhere, he's bound to miss eventually and they'll be back starting threads, i.e. Why is Myers on this team?
Quote: 

Based on?
Leg Strength, Accuracy, Leadership, Football IQ. I have no issue with him being on the team, I just wouldn't start him. 
Quote:Leg Strength, Accuracy, Leadership, Football IQ. I have no issue with him being on the team, I just wouldn't start him.

That's [BLEEP].
Quote:Leg Strength, Accuracy, Leadership, Football IQ. I have no issue with him being on the team, I just wouldn't start him. 

You need to stop playing Madden so much.
Quote:You need to stop playing Madden so much.
 He cost us the Baltimore game and also cost us the Atlanta Preseason game. Why not just bring him off the bench in non critical situations. That Atlanta game was huge - would have had us go into the season on a two game winning streak. 
Quote: He cost us the Baltimore game and also cost us the Atlanta Preseason game. Why not just bring him off the bench in non critical situations. That Atlanta game was huge - would have had us go into the season on a two game winning streak. 

Since you are just trolling, I'll bite.

How exactly did he cost us the Baltimore game?

A preseason game is critical?  There is really no such thing as a "huge" preseason game.
*Myers

Strange thing is; I was watching him during his pregame kicks as well as his half time kicks and he missed about 50% wide right. He'd get two straight down the middle and then two or three wide right. Then in the game he drills them all between the uprights with no problem.

Lol, I love Omaha's posts.
I was one of his doubters. Let the season play out, but yes, he looks better. Still scares me on XPs.
Quote:Strange thing is; I was watching him during his pregame kicks as well as his half time kicks and he missed about 50% wide right. He'd get two straight down the middle and then two or three wide right. Then in the game he drills them all between the uprights with no problem.

Kickers are kind of like golf.  Usually before I go out and play a round, I'll hit the driving range and hit a few balls just to warm up.  My only problem is during my warm-up I hit the balls way right, and when I tee off and actually go to play.... the ball goes wide right.

I just suck at golf.

The thing is, when Josh Scobee first got here he struggled.  After a season under his belt he was pretty much "money" when it came to making a kick.  I think that Jason Meyers is pretty much the same.
I continue to openly doubt 24-of-38. If he goes through the year without any more signature misses or botched PATs, he can have his name back.

This is not college football. NFL teams can't have two kickers because of roster size limits.
I must admit that I still have little faith in his ability to be a long term answer for this team. I envision him being beaten by offseason competition next year, but.... I said that last year too. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5