Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A Season Saved, Jags Get the Last Laugh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"-  Socrates

While doing my daily pre dawn reading, I came across this quote from Socrates, and I feel that it is sums up a high percentage of Jags fans who thought they knew something and clearly knew nothing. While many were kicking our team while they were down, calling for the heads of Blake Bortles and even some having the audacity to call out Coach Casey Bradley,  there are a select few of us who knew that their was fight in this team, and all of our goals were still achievable and intact. With our backs against the wall on Sunday, the Jags came out in what can only be described as  a battle of  two heavyweights, delivering blow after blow and playing what can only be described as spectacular and championship level football. As a result, and just like that the Jags find themselves in 2nd place in the AFC South,  on top of the pack in the quest for the Ponce De Leon Cup and more importantly, now control their own destiny!

I seem to be the only fan who has picked up on the fact that the Jags most certainly benefited from playing on a longer and wider field that is generally used to play soccer on. This allowed our speedsters more room to make plays on offense, and clearly allowed our defensive players more of a head start on each play, which in turn created absolute chaos on Andrew Luck and his talented offensive line. I think in all fairness, the Jags should be able to petition Goodall to play with the same field dimensions at Everbank, thus creating more of a true home field advantage and more importantly would show a united front between Everbank and Wembley, two of the greatest and most historic stadiums in the world.  Should this happen, it won't be this year so our guys will need to learn to overcome the obstacles of playing on a normal sized NFL field and will need to overcome the severe variance in sea level between Wembley and Everbank, but I am 100% convinced if we can beat the Colts, we can overcome just about anything! 

Currently we sit on an 8 day non losing streak and by the time we play our next game, that number is guaranteed to be an astounding 21 day non losing streak! With this sort of momentum, our next opponent the Bears will have no chance and we move to 2-3. Give our coaching staff a bye week and two weeks to prepare and it's almost just not fair, which the Missouri Valley Football Conference would have found out first hand if NDSU had hired Coach Casey Bradley instead of Craig Bohl...what a bunch of idiots by the way.  For those short sided Jags fans  who thought our season was over and wanted Bortles benched (probably the same fans who wanted Del Rio out and Garrad benched)  and Coach Casey Bradley fired, What's even more encouraging is the day that we play the hapless and horrible Bears, The Texans play the undefeated and powerful Vikings, which they have no chance of winning. This Jagsnation puts us one game out of first with 11 play and once this scenario unfolds, it is flat out on!!!  I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I couldn't help but trying to look ahead a little and figure out who our first round opponent might be in the playoffs. All I can say is fasten those seat belts as this will be one wild and fun ride!!!

#yearofthejag 
TLDR

??

Wut?
I only have myself to blame
Why the confusion?

Do we not control our own destiny????

Do we not find ourselves alone in second place???

Were we not noticeably at an advantage this past weekend playing on a soccer field and the various advantages (longer/wider) that came along with this opportunity???

And you all act like I'm the crazy one. 

Quote:Why the confusion?

Because your OP makes no sense.

Do we not control our own destiny????

Of course.  But that really has nothing to do with your babble in the OP.

Do we not find ourselves alone in second place???

Nope.  We are actually quite crowded with two other teams in second place with us in the division.

Were we not noticeably at an advantage this past weekend playing on a soccer field and the various advantages (longer/wider) that came along with this opportunity???

Playing on a multi-purpose field had no advantage.

And you all act like I'm the crazy one. 

Well, you are the one that hasn't posted anything sane in this thread.

Any other questions?
How dare someone have the audacity to call out Gus.  Just look at his track record, it's absolutely pristine!

You've all been on this board long enough to know that Omaha is the resident comedian troll. Stop acting like you're confused by this post and just enjoy the humor in it.
Quote: 

Currently we sit on an 8 day non losing streak and by the time we play our next game, that number is guaranteed to be an astounding 21 day non losing streak! With this sort of momentum...

Smile

gold
Quote:You've all been on this board long enough to know that Omaha is the resident comedian troll. Stop acting like you're confused by this post and just enjoy the humor in it.

It takes someone with 260 odd posts to point this out to a poster with close to 10,000 posts. Lol, a little slow on the draw there.
Quote:It takes someone with 260 odd posts to point this out to a poster with close to 10,000 posts. Lol, a little slow on the draw there.

So I got trolled.   :mellow:
Quote:So I got trolled.   :mellow:

Yeah, but this is Omaha's schtick. Every single post of his is either an OP or follow up posts to his OP that follow the same formula. Just sit back and enjoy the comedic gold. "I think in all fairness, the Jags should be able to petition Goodall to play with the same field dimensions at Everbank, thus creating more of a true home field advantage and more importantly would show a united front between Everbank and Wembley, two of the greatest and most historic stadiums in the world." Lol
Omaha is definitely not a troll. He has a level of reporting that few can comprehend. It's that advanced.

I thought it was funny...

NH3...
All I see is a bunch of facts blended together to make quite the cake batter. We can have our cake and eat it too. 21 days without losing would be awesome, and the NFL, with its obvious bias against our Jags, should allow the field dimensions to be adjusted. Just like soccer, we would kick balls with a more fair playing field.
And by bias, I mean go vote for Yannick for rookie of the week, and it tells you that you voted for Fuller. Conspiracy! Keeping the Jags down... for now.
Hahahahaha I love the "pre-dawn reading"

That's amazing
Tldr
It's going to be a long 2 weeks between Jags games I see.

We have a lot of free time on our hands and somebody on this MB has to fill it.

Pages: 1 2