Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ramsey and the 5th year Tender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A good article from CBSSportsline on the 5th year tender.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agent...from-2016/

I don't think he will play under the terms of that 5th year option.
I think he'll demand a new contract after this season and I don't blame him. It's become the norm for players of that caliber.
He should be re-signed to a new deal as soon as possible. He more than deserves it.
He will want a new contract but his play this season will depend on how much we offer or if we we will tag him. A season to play before all that will be determined. If he has a great season we will probably make him the highest paid corner, if he mirrors his play from last season I see the tag coming. If he dont sign the tag then I think we trade him or he has to sit a year like Bell did
(05-02-2019, 05:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He will want a new contract but his play this season will depend on how determine much we offer or if we we will tag him.  A season to play before all that will be determined.  If he has a great season we will probably make him the highest paid corner, if he mirrors his play from last season I see the tag coming. If he dont sign the tag then I think we trade him or he has to sit a year like Bell did

Bell's new contract averages $13 mil per year. I'm thinking the Steelers offered him $15 mil when he turned it down and they were forced to tag him, and now he has to play for the Jets. It's hard to say that really worked out for him, and his experience might be an example for other players of what not to do.
(05-03-2019, 12:03 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2019, 05:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He will want a new contract but his play this season will depend on how determine much we offer or if we we will tag him.  A season to play before all that will be determined.  If he has a great season we will probably make him the highest paid corner, if he mirrors his play from last season I see the tag coming. If he dont sign the tag then I think we trade him or he has to sit a year like Bell did

Bell's new contract averages $13 mil per year. I'm thinking the Steelers offered him $15 mil when he turned it down and they were forced to tag him, and now he has to play for the Jets. It's hard to say that really worked out for him, and his experience might be an example for other players of what not to do.

Although I don’t disagree with you, Bell would probably argue that he got a lot more guaranteed money with no risk to his body doing it the way he did.