Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Replacing Nortman at Punter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
....nah, but in case you were curious, here is what happened with that endzone punt.

http://www.espn.co.uk/american-fb/story/...ackers-fan

Awesome kick. It was not straightforward like a punt - looked to me like a punt/placekick hybrid the way he moved his leg.

Can Blake get fined for kicking the ball into the stands? Other players have lost money that way years ago.

Anywhere but London and I think he gets flagged. As a matter of fact in the replay you can see the ref initially reach for the flag and then let it go. It is fineable, so we'll see.

Quote:Anywhere but London and I think he gets flagged. As a matter of fact in the replay you can see the ref initially reach for the flag and then let it go.

Blake was lucky. Even in London it is supposed to be a penalty.
The NFL could fine him, but I don't know that they will.  Curious question though...would it be in Dollars or Euros?  And not to derail this fine thread in any way, but I wonder what kind of taxes the players have to pay when in London?

JW shall answer. She answers all
She won't answer me...she can't see my posts. :whistling:

Quote:JW shall answer. She answers all

LOL Answer what? I did not see a question.
See...told ya.

I was surprised he wasn't flagged.

Quote:I was surprised he wasn't flagged.

Especially after Robinson getting flagged for less obvious unsportsmanlike conduct. Getting a flag would have been embarrassing.
What's so different between what Blake did and when Cam Newton hands every touchdown football to a kid in the stands? I don't think he deserves to be flagged for punting a damn ball.

Doesn't each football they "give away" cost the player like $100 or something?  He was just "giving it away" to some fan.  How else was he supposed to get it 3 rows up?

Quote:What's so different between what Blake did and when Cam Newton hands every touchdown football to a kid in the stands? I don't think he deserves to be flagged for punting a damn ball.

Cam Newton just hands the ball to children. That is a nice thing to do.

Punting the ball into the stands OTOH creates a safety risk to an unlucky fan who might get hit in the head. (Caleb Sturgis knows something about that.)
Quote:JW shall answer. She answers all

Never met a post she didn't quote
Quote:Never met a post she didn't quote

I can't quote a post I can't read.
Quote:Doesn't each football they "give away" cost the player like $100 or something?  He was just "giving it away" to some fan.  How else was he supposed to get it 3 rows up?

<div>How much does it cost to give away a football in the NFL?
</div>
The NFL doesn't fine Newton for giving footballs away, according to a league spokesman. But all NFL players are fined <b>$5,250</b> when they throw or punt a ball into the stands because of issues of crowd safety.
Well, that was a pretty expensive punt...and not all that good either.

Quote:How much does it cost to give away a football in the NFL?

<div>The NFL doesn't fine Newton for giving footballs away, according to a league spokesman. But all NFL players are fined <b>$5,250</b> when they throw or punt a ball into the stands because of issues of crowd safety.
</div>

Yep, Cam Newton is just giving kids souvenirs. There is nothing wrong with that.

What about Allen Robinson throwing the ball after a TD against the Ravens? I don't think he was fined for it.
[Image: CDt2N3kUkAAHEGB.png]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5