Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Class of 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has the book been closed on the draft class of 2013?  There are only 3 players still on the roster

Dwayne Gratz

Jonathan Cyprien

Luke Joeckel

With Aaron Colvin coming back and Josh Joshnson playing well, Gratz will probably be released. Luke Joeckel is out for the season and Cyprien still has not played that well.  So I think there is no way the Cyprien is resigned.  Joeckel probably had a chance to be resigned until his injury but at this point, the Jags might just move on.

Nothing good came from that draft except a handful of decent games from D-Rob and the same from McCray.

However - the UDFAs that year did include Tinker and Abry Jones.  Dave gets a few points there. 

Miller and Marks were FA signings that year too. 

That draft was a real clunker though. 

Oops, I forgot about DRob.  Although he probably will not be back. 

The probability of re-signing Cyprien is 100% if we can't find two better strong safeties. He is good as a depth player. We can look for a new starting SS but still need to keep him as the backup.

As I have said before, if we wanted to keep Joeckel he would have gotten a fifth year on his rookie contract. There was never a chance he would be re-signed before the London game.

In fairness, just about the entire 2013 draft was really really bad.

Jabrill Peppers 4 SS

Quote:Jabrill Peppers 4 SS

First things first, let's see if Jabrill Peppers is going to be a SS in the NFL. Nobody knows the answer to that yet.
Dave Caldwell is the anti-Gene Smith. Gene Smith's first draft was by far his best and the others were straight trash. Caldwell's first draft was by far his worst but the others have been home runs.

Been watching Jabrill Peppers for a couple of years now.

Harbaugh is using him as a Saftey/Linebacker hybrid on defense this year. No question he can play in the box, however I think he is best suited for a Tyrann Mathieu role. FS in base and Nickel CB. PR/KR.

We could also get rid of House and have both Peppers and Ramsey as our CBs. My is that scary.  

Quote:Dave Caldwell is the anti-Gene Smith. Gene Smith's first draft was by far his best and the others were straight trash. Caldwell's first draft was by far his worst but the others have been home runs.

Gene Smith's first draft had a couple home runs, but he also made trash picks in 2009.
Quote:Gene Smith's first draft had a couple home runs, but he also made trash picks in 2009.
Home runs?

Dude had like 3 base hits in all of his drafts.

Knighton and Monroe, but they went elsewhere. Shined a bit but not really home runs for any team

Blackmon was a homerun talent that was caught trying to steal second...... or something...

Gene Smith's best player still playing with Jax is AluAlu, and was highly over-drafted and/or mis-schemed.

I think you haz a confuse.
Kane, by home runs I did not mean any of his picks were elite - with the obvious exception of Justin Blackmon. Eugene Monroe was a home run because he was the best available left tackle, which was our top priority at the time, and played very well in Jacksonville. Obviously Tyson Alualu was a reach, but he was not a foul.

Quote:Gene Smith's first draft had a couple home runs, but he also made trash picks in 2009.
Home Runs?! 

My dear god. Are any of his players from his first draft even still in the league?!

Home Runs are elite players.
Quote:Dave Caldwell is the anti-Gene Smith. Gene Smith's first draft was by far his best and the others were straight trash. Caldwell's first draft was by far his worst but the others have been home runs.
Maybe Dave was using Gene's notes.  Of course if that were the case, he would have drafted a long snapper in the 2nd round
Quote:Maybe Dave was using Gene's notes. Of course if that were the case, he would have drafted a long snapper in the 2nd round

Well he was using Gene's scouts.
Quote:Jabrill Peppers 4 SS

Initially I was against this but you need a good SS especially for this scheme. If our SS is gonna average us 100 tackles a year, they need to have feature player ability...
Quote:Initially I was against this but you need a good SS especially for this scheme. If our SS is gonna average us 100 tackles a year, they need to have feature player ability...
I think the scheme will be changing in the offseason...

but we'll see.
Quote:I think the scheme will be changing in the offseason...

but we'll see.
That would be preferable.

If the scheme stays the same, this would be a fabulous idea.

If not then I'd prefer to go OL or pass rush again...

But on topic, the book is closed on the 2013 draft. It's better just just not even talk about it
Quote:That would be preferable.

If the scheme stays the same, this would be a fabulous idea.

If not then I'd prefer to go OL or pass rush again...
I could see the O-line continue to get bolstered. Especially if we manage to land outside the top ten.

At this point, Gus (or the next staff) will have a lot of pieces in place and DC should be able to draft mostly for depth.

Both lines. LBers.

I'd say SS is a good possibility in the first 3 rounds though.
Remember in 2013 when many were touting this draft class as one of the best Jags draft in recent years? Good times.

Pages: 1 2 3