Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Which last-place team is biggest sleeper heading into the 2019 NFL season? NFL.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jets are the only other plausible choice. Maybe they could sneak in as a wild card. The Raiders’ division is too tough.
There's something to be said about being the best of the worst.
I honestly like the Buccaneers out of this entire group. And it's really because of Bruce Arians. I have always been a fan of Bruce going back to his time in Pittsburgh under Cowher and Tomlin. And historically when given the head coaching title with his first year up to bat he tends to knock it right out of the park.

He took the clots 9 - 3 and back to the post season under terrible circumstances in the interim with Pagano's diagnoses. And he also had to deal with some health issues that same year. Then he elevates the Cardinals to 10 - 6 the year afterwards in a very tough NFC West division at the time. And he worked a ton of magic with pretty brutal play at the QB position due to various injuries or lack of talent overall at the position.

If anybody can fix or turnaround Jameis Winston? It's Bruce Arians. We made a mistake not going after him back in 2013.
(05-27-2019, 09:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly like the Buccaneers out of this entire group. And it's really because of Bruce Arians. I have always been a fan of Bruce going back to his time in Pittsburgh under Cowher and Tomlin. And historically when given the head coaching title with his first year up to bat he tends to knock it right out of the park.

He took the clots 9 - 3 and back to the post season under terrible circumstances in the interim with Pagano's diagnoses. And he also had to deal with some health issues that same year. Then he elevates the Cardinals to 10  - 6 the year afterwards in a very tough NFC West division at the time. And he worked a ton of magic with pretty brutal play at the QB position due to various injuries or lack of talent overall at the position.

If anybody can fix or turnaround Jameis Winston? It's Bruce Arians. We made a mistake not going after him back in 2013.

Perhaps Winston would have worked out better, but I'm convinced Foles right now is the better quarterback.

As for the Bucs, I'm having a tough time picturing more than 4 to 5 wins for them. Same goes for most of the teams. The Jets maybe pick up 6 or 7.

As for the Jaguars, I feel we're the only logical choice among last placed teams. It's tough to picture more than 8 or 9 wins looking at the schedule, but if somehow the Texans fail to show up and the Jaguars can find a way to muster up a 10th win, I can totally see them claiming a WC spot. 
(05-27-2019, 11:50 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2019, 09:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly like the Buccaneers out of this entire group. And it's really because of Bruce Arians. I have always been a fan of Bruce going back to his time in Pittsburgh under Cowher and Tomlin. And historically when given the head coaching title with his first year up to bat he tends to knock it right out of the park.

He took the clots 9 - 3 and back to the post season under terrible circumstances in the interim with Pagano's diagnoses. And he also had to deal with some health issues that same year. Then he elevates the Cardinals to 10  - 6 the year afterwards in a very tough NFC West division at the time. And he worked a ton of magic with pretty brutal play at the QB position due to various injuries or lack of talent overall at the position.

Perhaps Winston would have worked out better, but I'm convinced Foles right now is the better quarterback.

As for the Bucs, I'm having a tough time picturing more than 4 to 5 wins for them. Same goes for most of the teams. The Jets maybe pick up 6 or 7.

As for the Jaguars, I feel we're the only logical choice among last placed teams. It's tough to picture more than 8 or 9 wins looking at the schedule, but if somehow the Texans fail to show up and the Jaguars can find a way to muster up a 10th win, I can totally see them claiming a WC spot. 

He was tlaking about going after arians in 2013, not Winston. Jameis was still in college for another 2 years at that point
I saw this article earlier and I have to agree that we the Jaguars , as Cellar Dwellers, have the best opportunity to get back to being relivent in an short period of time. We have the pieces in place to play some serious CHESS.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...