Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: the Alualu experiment needs to end now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was shocked at the end of the colts game we trotted him out there as a fullback. We gained zero yards. Yea we were probably definitely running, but cmon man could you telepath where you were running any easier.

Definitely disappointed in our ability to run the clock out still.
I think that has more to do with Koyack being out than Alualu. I could be wrong. I wouldn't mind Jack getting some snaps there though
And? Having a fullback in there was the right personnel and the best guy available at the time was Alualu. 

Are you talking strictly from the Fullback perspective...or also from a DL perspective?

Either way, I disagree.

He had a sack in the game.  Wrong week to call him a bum

Alualu got a sack, no?

C'mon....

Opponents need to gameplan for Alualu's receiving skills.  He's kind of like a bigger version of our other offensive weapon (OW) Denard Robinson.

Alualu played well in Odrick'S place. He's a good roleplayer. Just wish he wasn't picked top 10 because otherwise, we'd be happy with him.
People really need to quit pinning Alualu's drafted spot on him...It wasn't his fault.

Quote:And? Having a fullback in there was the right personnel and the best guy available at the time was Alualu.

Maybe that is the sad thing. Right personnel, debatable. We play to not lose. Play to win. Again we were 3rd and 13 after the first two plays on that drive.

Did I say anything about his snaps on defense? No.
While I agree it doesn't make sense to play him at FB he hasn't been terrible on defense

Quote:Maybe that is the sad thing. Right personnel, debatable. We play to not lose. Play to win. Again we were 3rd and 13 after the first two plays on that drive.

Did I say anything about his snaps on defense? No.

Then your thread should be about the play calling, not about Alualu being in there.

What? Because they plugged him in a FB? Wasn't there a topic last week on this bi-polar board about how we should sign a FB? Like it or not, Alualu is one of the most consistent DE/DT on this team and has done everything asked of him well. Let go of his draft position. This board makes me want to wash the stupid off every time I visit.

Quote:What? Because they plugged him in a FB? Wasn't there a topic last week on this bi-polar board about how we should sign a FB? Like it or not, Alualu is one of the most consistent DE/DT on this team and has done everything asked of him well. Let go of his draft position. This board makes me want to wash the stupid off every time I visit.
:yes:
The Alualu experiment has been done. He was inactive for the first 2 games and is only back due to Jared Odricks injury.

There are a lot more pressing needs, Alualu might be last on the list.
Quote:He had a sack in the game. Wrong week to call him a bum

I saw that. Think I spilled my coffee.

Is that 1 career sack?
Sometimes I wonder if some of you actually watch/listen to the games.

Quote:Play to win. 
Running the ball was playing to win. There was about 1:30 on the clock, run the ball twice to drain their timeouts, then run it again to drain the clock. That's the difference between defending a 3 point lead with clots having to drive 45 yards in 25 seconds with no TO's or defending with the clots having to drive 45 yards with 1:10 and a timeout or two. The latter is tough but do-able, the former is desperation time. 
Alualu did a good job against an OL with 3 rookies on it.

Pages: 1 2