Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ranking NFL RB Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/29/1...best-worst

Jaguars came in 31st... Wow

Bears at 5? Tarik Cohen + David Montgomery lol

Seahawks at 10? None of thise guys have shown the ability to stay healthy, much less be stable RBs going forward

Eagles at 19? Jordan Howard (guy they got for a 6th rd pick) and scrubs is better than Fournette?

Bengals at 20? Mixon is better than any guy in the Eagles depth chart

In what world is Samaje Perine RB1 over AP and Guice?

What a screwed up ranking
Fournette has been disappointing while on the field, a wreck off the field, and has been oft injured...and we have garbage behind him. I don't know if I'd have the Jags corps 31, but they would be firmly near the bottom.

Yes I would absolutely take Cohen/Montgomery, Carson/Penny/McKissic, Howard/Sanders, and Mixon/Bernard over what we have.
I think that ranking is more reflective of the Offensive Lines.
(05-29-2019, 10:27 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Fournette has been disappointing while on the field, a wreck off the field, and has been oft injured...and we have garbage behind him. I don't know if I'd have the Jags corps 31, but they would be firmly near the bottom.

Yes I would absolutely take Cohen/Montgomery, Carson/Penny/McKissic, Howard/Sanders, and Mixon/Bernard over what we have.

Well except Leonard Fournette's rookie season was better than any season of any of those guys minus Mixon's season last year
The Jaguars are an unknown, and placing them near the bottom makes sense. If Fournette looks like the back he was supposed to and someone behind him steps up as a capable backup/change of pace, the running game will look much better. If Fournette underachieves or spends half the year on the bench again, we're 31st.
They're totally sleeping on Armstead not even including him as a Jaguars RB when he looks to excel as Fournette's backup.

I'm looking over this list and can easily place the Jaguars at RBs at 25.  Keep in mind this is not a team rushing ranking as the Jaguars power run scheme moves them well up the list in that department especially over teams not all that interested in establishing the run every week. 
(05-29-2019, 10:45 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2019, 10:27 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Fournette has been disappointing while on the field, a wreck off the field, and has been oft injured...and we have garbage behind him. I don't know if I'd have the Jags corps 31, but they would be firmly near the bottom.

Well except Leonard Fournette's rookie season was better than any season of any of those guys minus Mixon's season last year

Don't be silly now.
I'd not be surprised at all to see the Jags finish top ten in RB APY this season.
I've followed this fan-site-wannabe-writer on twitter so I can have a laugh at his expense when that happens.
(05-29-2019, 12:59 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2019, 10:45 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]Well except Leonard Fournette's rookie season was better than any season of any of those guys minus Mixon's season last year

Don't be silly now.

Leonard Fournette's rookie season: 1342 yds 10 TotalTDs

Best season of each player's career:
Tarik Cohen - 1169 yds 8 TDs
Chris Carson - 1314 9 TDs Rashad Penny - 494 yds 2 TDs
Jordan Howard - 1247 yds 9 TDs

I realize recency bias is strong with everyone but jeez
(05-29-2019, 01:23 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2019, 12:59 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Don't be silly now.

Leonard Fournette's rookie season: 1342 yds 10 TotalTDs

Lol, overall stats. You just are that silly.
(05-29-2019, 01:30 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2019, 01:23 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]Leonard Fournette's rookie season: 1342 yds 10 TotalTDs

Lol, overall stats. You just are that silly.

Yea, worthless right? 
Maybe we should solely look at rate stats so we can see how Raheem Moestert, Dwayne Washington, and Jordan Wilkins were far superior to Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliott and Todd Gurley
Ah, I thought we were trying to have an intellectually honest discussion but you clearly are not. My bad, disregard.
I certainly Do Not feel that we'll end the 2019 season ranked as projected. If LF7 stays healthy, he alone will surpass this ranking.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(05-29-2019, 01:39 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I thought we were trying to have an intellectually honest discussion but you clearly are not. My bad, disregard.

What is it about repeating the word "silly" that is "intellectually honest"?
These rankings are all over the place. I'd love to know how the Packers are ahead of all those teams , even if you think Aaron Jones is very talented (i do)

I don't think we're #31 but definitely below average overall

(05-29-2019, 10:15 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/29/1...best-worst

Seahawks at 10? None of thise guys have shown the ability to stay healthy, much less be stable RBs going forward

Eagles at 19? Jordan Howard (guy they got for a 6th rd pick) and scrubs is better than Fournette?

Howard has been better than Fournette + Sanders is better than Armstead imo.
(05-29-2019, 02:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]These rankings are all over the place. I'd love to know how the Packers are ahead of all those teams , even if you think Aaron Jones is very talented (i do)  

(05-29-2019, 10:15 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/29/1...best-worst

...Howard was traded for a 6th rd pick just months ago. The team that traded FOR him was so unimpressed by him they drafted a RB in the 2nd round. Might want to rethink that
(05-29-2019, 02:47 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2019, 02:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]These rankings are all over the place. I'd love to know how the Packers are ahead of all those teams , even if you think Aaron Jones is very talented (i do)  

...Howard was traded for a 6th rd pick just months ago. The team that traded FOR him was so unimpressed by him they drafted a RB in the 2nd round. Might want to rethink that

Thank god we don't use trades to evaluate how good a player is or has been. Also A) Howard is a FA next year so the Eagles were always drafting a RB high B) The Eagles like having a platoon of RBs and C) Howard wasn't a scheme fit + was gonna be a FA + is RB so naturally you weren't getting anything of value for him.

Based on what they've done in the NFL, what makes Fournette better than Howard?
Howard is wearing out. He's not better than Fournette, and probably doesn't even start over their rookie.
(05-29-2019, 04:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Howard is wearing out. He's not better than Fournette, and probably doesn't even start over their rookie.

He was better than Fournette as a rookie and in his 2nd year. So thats 2 years of being better than Fournette in the NFL. Fournette was injured but that doesn't give him a free credit for performing worse. 

Sanders is great and was taken in the 2nd, it would be a big shock if Sanders wasnt the main back when all is said and done
(05-29-2019, 01:39 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I thought we were trying to have an intellectually honest discussion but you clearly are not. My bad, disregard.

What is your intellectually honest best prediction at where the Jags' running back corps ranks in all-purpose yards come January?
Pages: 1 2