Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Strategy Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why was Ngakoue covering a WR way downfield?

Why was Poz covering Hilton on the TD pass?

Why are we running the WR out of bounds late in the game when we are trying to kill the clock?

Why wasn't Myles Jack on the field late in the game when he had been playing well?

Why was Joeckel starting even though his replacement came in and immediately started opening up running lanes?

Why is Davon House still starting?

Why do we have another post like this?
Because the coaches are bad
Quote:Why was Ngakoue covering a WR way downfield?

Why are we running the WR out of bounds late in the game when we are trying to kill the clock?

Why wasn't Myles Jack on the field late in the game when he had been playing well?

Why was Joeckel starting even though his replacement came in and immediately started opening up running lanes?

Excellent questions. Please email GusBradley<[email protected] and he will be sure to answer them for you.
Quote:Why do we have another post like this?
Where are the other ones?
#becausejaguars

Quote:Where are the other ones?
In the game day thread.
Quote:In the game day thread.
You mean the one that's meant to be commented in on game day? Alrighty then.

1. The Jags were running a zone blitz. Don't complain, at least they are trying something different this year.

2. Hilton ran across the field from the left side. Poz was in the zone. The real problem was that Luck had too much time.

3. Benn's fault.

4. That's a good question. Maybe there's even a good answer, like an injury to Jack, or him just running out of steam since it was his first full game.

5. The Jags were opening running lanes when Joeckel was in there. It's the clots. I doubt there's much difference between Joeckel and Omameh at guard.

6. Because Colvin is suspended and Gratz sucks even worse.

Because Bradley
Quote:Why do we have another post like this?

Because we have another poster who likes to be miserable.

I've seen this question about Jack before, so I will offer a theory.   Jack was playing strongside linebacker, which the Jags call the Otto, and since Indy was playing catch-up football, which meant they had to pass a lot, we were probably in nickle defense, which takes the Otto off the field. 

Just an educated guess on my part.  

You have to remember, the Otto is only on the field less than 40% of the time, and the nickle defense,which is played in the NFL about 60% of the time, does not employ a strongside linebacker,  or Otto as we call it. 
Quote: 

These two are actually good questions. ^

The others have pretty simple answers that make a lot of sense. 
Quote: 

4. That's a good question. Maybe there's even a good answer, like an injury to Jack, or him just running out of steam since it was his first full game.

They were in nickel and/or dime.  No SAM/OTTO on the field in that package to allow for the extra DB(s).
Quote:I've seen this question about Jack before, so I will offer a theory.   Jack was playing strongside linebacker, which the Jags call the Otto, and since Indy was playing catch-up football, which meant they had to pass a lot, we were probably in nickle defense, which takes the Otto off the field. 

Just an educated guess on my part.  

You have to remember, the Otto is only on the field less than 40% of the time, and the nickle defense,which is played in the NFL about 60% of the time, does not employ a strongside linebacker,  or Otto as we call it. 

Quote:They were in nickel and/or dime.  No SAM/OTTO on the field in that package to allow for the extra DB(s).
These are both the correct answers..
Quote:These are both the correct answers..

I got one right !!!!  
Quote:They were in nickel and/or dime.  No SAM/OTTO on the field in that package to allow for the extra DB(s).

This is what a lot of fans are completely missing. Given the landscape of the NFL, teams are going to be in nickel majority of the time. He's not replacing Poz anytime soon (just listen to Telvin talk about Poz). Jack's going to be a package player for this defense this season, and there's really nothing wrong with that. They just have to figure it out and maximize his ability.