Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yannick Ngakoue skipping mandatory mini camp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hmm. Didn't he just say a few weeks ago he would be here and let that all play out?

Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(06-10-2019, 02:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. Didn't he just say a few weeks ago he would be here and let that all play out?

Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He said he won't skip the season.
They need to stop playing around and pay this man. Been the most consistent pass rusher this team has ever drafted. He no doubt will pass Tony Brackens franchise record of career sacks.
(06-10-2019, 02:17 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]They need to stop playing around and pay this man.   Been the most consistent pass rusher this team has ever drafted.  He no doubt will pass Tony Brackens franchise record of career sacks.

Yep I agree. Not only is he an excellent pass rusher, great teammate and leader as well. They need to keep this man happy and in Jacksonville for a long time.
And yet they gave Blake a new contract.... SMH.
Fine him and deduct it from his signing bonus

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Just waiting on Jalen Ramsey to do the same now.
Trade him. Don't need him now that the Jaguars have a all pro pass rusher in Josh Allen.
(06-10-2019, 02:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Trade him. Don't need him now that the Jaguars have a all pro pass rusher in Josh Allen.

I hope that was sarcasm.
I hope this doesn't turn into a situation like we had with MJD. Jones-Drew ended up holding out for business reasons, and by the time they finally worked something out he was done. He ended up showing up out of shape, and I recall him being virtually useless that season.  The same thing happened when Tony Brackens held out. 
Who don't show up, needs to be fined
(06-10-2019, 02:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Just waiting on Jalen Ramsey to do the same now.

He will next year. They can't extend Ramsey until after year 4.
We can franchise Yannick next year if we need to
Contrast the way they're playing hardball with Yannick with how fast they slobbered over themselves trying to pat themselves on the back that Bortles had a fluke stretch of ok play. Shameful.
(06-10-2019, 03:23 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Contrast the way they're playing hardball with Yannick with how fast they slobbered over themselves trying to pat themselves over the back that Bortles had a fluke stretch of ok play. Shameful.

Oh yes, I definitely recall them slobbering all over themselves.
(06-10-2019, 03:25 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2019, 03:23 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Contrast the way they're playing hardball with Yannick with how fast they slobbered over themselves trying to pat themselves over the back that Bortles had a fluke stretch of ok play. Shameful.

Oh yes, I definitely recall them slobbering all over themselves.

Good, I didn't think I was alone in that.
(06-10-2019, 02:17 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]They need to stop playing around and pay this man.   Been the most consistent pass rusher this team has ever drafted.  He no doubt will pass Tony Brackens franchise record of career sacks.

We just "bought" a new QB. This is what happens when you spend big money and purchase a good one, instead of drafting one and developing him. Now, we have a ton of young talent who are gonna want to get paid (and rightfully so,) but we're not gonna have the cap room to pay everyone. I desperately wanna keep Yannick. He's my favorite player, but ultimately, we're gonna lose a "star" player or two, because we just don't have the cap room. Whether that be Yannick Ngakoue, Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack or a combination of two of those players, is anyone's guess at this point. At this point, I just stand pat and keep Ngakoue under his current deal and worry about it after the season. I'd love to lock him into a new deal, but at this point, I just don't think it would be smart, from an economics standpoint.
I agree we need to pay him asap. The problem is, I don't think we have the money available to do so. And we have Jalen and Myles coming up. Sad We need to win in a hurry with this group....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9