Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2016 version of the Good, The Bad, and the ugly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good:

+Special teams:  Nortman and Meyers have been great

+Allen Brothers: Both are on pace for over 1,000 and multiple TD's

+Pass Protection: The line overall has protected Blake

+Yeldon:  He maybe our most versatile player. Can run and catch

+Fowler/Ngakoue: Both of these young players have shown promise. Ngakoue could get defensive rookie of the year the way he has played.

+Ramsey: He has a been mouth but backs it up.  Dave hit a homer with this pick

+Lee: Has made some good plays.  Staying healthy!

+Poz: Still the best all around LB on the team.

+Division chance: Despite being 1-3 we are 1-0 in the division. It's wide open

Bad:

-Bortles: The expectations have been far from met. Just overall bad play to start the year. The colts game was by far the best of the season.  He has to keep using his legs

-Run Blocking: The line was eaten up the first 3 games of the season. They really struggled to open up many lanes.

-The Secondary overall: Too many blown coverages. The opponent should never be wide open as much as we allow it.

-Julius Thomas: After 25% of the season is gone he has like 150yds 1 td. He should be a weapon for us.

Ugly:

Ivory:  In his limited action he did not impress. Tries to take it laterally and often loses yards in the mean time.  He needs to stick to north and south. 1 decent run so far.

Pass Rush: The QB's simply had too much time in the pocket the first 3 games of the season. Rivers was taking a nap before picking us apart.

Coaching: Gus isn't the only one stinking this year.  The offensive and defensive coordinators have been bad as well.
Why are some people acting like Bortles played bad in the Packers game?

He didn't. 

Quote:Why are some people acting like Bortles played bad in the Packers game?

He didn't.

I was thinking the same thing. I think that's what happens when confirmation and recency biases have proverbial babies.

He didn't.

They just want to hate on Bortles so just use to it.

He didn't. 

Some people don't know how to look at each game separately when they evaluate players. Others just want to be Debbie Downers. The reality is Bortles can't win by himself, which is normal for young quarterbacks.
Poz just acquired the "old man strength" that Steve Smith is living on.

He didn't. 

He didn't play badly overall but he did miss some receivers and his accuracy and decision making was not what you'd hope at this point.  It was his best game of the season so far though.
How can Bortles be bad while 2 wrs are on pace for 1k yards and multiple tds? Is someone else throwing the ball?
Fowler/Ngakoue, good

Paas rush, ugly
I actually think the pass rush has been pretty decent. We've been getting some pretty regular push, fourth in the league in sacks, a handful of fumbles and quite a few pressures. Not where it needs to be, but I wouldn't put it in the "ugly" category.

Edit: We're actually 8th in the league in QB hurries with 23. Denver has 25. Carolina is first with 30.

I was quoting his analysis Smile
Agree with you, how can Yannick n Dante be good, while the pass rush has been ugly, the past 4 weeks?
Quote:Agree with you, how can Yannick n Dante be good, while the pass rush has been ugly, the past 4 weeks?

I gotcha, went over my head the first reading.
Jacksonville is 4th in sacks.

8th in QB hurries

Pass rush isn't elite or anything... but it's been pretty good...

Quote:Jacksonville is 4th in sacks.

8th in QB hurries

Pass rush isn't elite or anything... but it's been pretty good...

Yea the SD game is still messing up people's perception of this team, almost everybody was awful that game, pass rush has been great outside of that game

Even with the Bortles thing, he was bad vs SD and the Ravens, but GB and Indy game he was solid, and he out played Rodgers, Luck and Flacco so far this year, but we didnt have a running game in 2 of those games and we went 0-2 in those games.

Quote:Fowler/Ngakoue, good

Pass rush, ugly

So Fowler and Ngakoue are not pass rushers?

Quote:Yea the SD game is still messing up people's perception of this team, almost everybody was awful that game, pass rush has been great outside of that game

Even with the Bortles thing, he was bad vs SD and the Ravens, but GB and Indy game he was solid, and he out played Rodgers, Luck and Flacco so far this year, but we didnt have a running game in 2 of those games and we went 0-2 in those games.

Exactly. People need to accept the fact that 3/4 of our games were not terrible. We just had a bad day in San Diego and you can't blame any single person or play for that loss.

Good: Pass Rush, corners

Bad: offensive line, blake bortles, ivory

ugly: linebackers against the pass, julius thomas( the dude is always hurt)

Julius Thomas was good before he got hurt. If you want to complain about a player always being hurt, you are talking about the wrong player.