Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texas billionaire Ross Perot dies at 89
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Texas billionaire Ross Perot who upended politics with 1992 third-party run for president that helped put Bill Clinton in the White House dies at 89
  • Perot was a political firebrand who ran for president twice but made his splash in 1992 against George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton
  • Cantankerous but unavoidable, Perot took 19 per cent of the vote, pulling enough support from Bush to guarantee Clinton's victory
  •  Fonded a computer network company called Electronic Data Systems Corp.
  • Famously financed a private commando raid in 1979 to free two of his employees who were being held in a prison in Iran

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...6dEpwKUnUY
RIP to the last man who put a scare into the two parties and almost gave this country the third party it needs.
He was well before my time. I have seen some interesting snippets of him absolutely hammering people in the political field though through YouTube. He was pretty bad [BLEEP] and could carry his own up there at the podium and during those debates. He said something back in the 1980's or early 1990's and a lot of it ended up being true or coming to fruition nearly twenty years later and through today.
RIP

I can do a perfect H. Ross Perot impression.
I normally wouldn't post in the political forum, but Perot was a true patriot and understood what was going to happen thanks to the trade direction of the nation several decades ago. He wasn't perfect, but he might have done a better job in a lot of ways than several of the guys that have followed since 1992.
Rest in peace, Ross.
I initially supported the guy because of what he was saying about the federal deficits and debt. He basically forced the subject into the political conversation that year.

And he was actually LEADING in the polls at one point, but then he said that crazy stuff about someone threatening his daughter's wedding, and dropped out of the race, only to get back in later but by that time he had lost half his support.
(07-10-2019, 08:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I initially supported the guy because of what he was saying about the federal deficits and debt.  He basically forced the subject into the political conversation that year.  

And he was actually LEADING in the polls at one point, but then he said that crazy stuff about someone threatening his daughter's wedding, and dropped out of the race, only to get back in later but by that time he had lost half his support.
https://youtu.be/-Eba3PqKeqs
RIH Mr. Perot.

NH3...