Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blade Runner and True Blood star Rutger Hauer dies at 75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Loved him in Blade Runner

Blade Runner and True Blood star Rutger Hauer dies at 75 after suffering a brief illness
  • Rutger Hauer died at his home in the Netherlands on July 19 and his funeral was held Wednesday
  • His rep confirmed the sad news that the actor passed away
  • He suffered a short illness before his death
  • Rutger was known for projects like True Blood and Buffy the Vampire Slayer but his most memorable role was that of Roy Batty in Blade Runner 
  • Fans are quoting lines from Roy Batty's famous monologue to commemorate the star writing 'Tears in rain. Time to die.' in social media posts
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...38YKIV_l7o
That's a bummer. He's one of my favorite actors. Loved him in Blade Runner as well. And he was also awesome in Omega Doom and a handful of other movies.

[Image: believe.gif]

That entire scene and ending of him really got my attention as a kid. And honestly that music and entire soundtrack also got me into Vangelis. Really saddened with his death.
This sucks. He was awesome in Blade Runner and The Hitcher.

RIP.
He played a great Huntsman in the Ten Kingdoms. haha
I liked him in Flesh + Blood too.
And he improvised this bit: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."