Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Taylor Lewan says he's facing 4-game suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Taylor Lewan says he's facing 4-game suspension

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...suspension

Tennessee Titans tackle Taylor Lewan posted a video Wednesday in which he says he's facing a four-game suspension for failing a test for a banned substance.
This would hold him out of the week 3 game in Jax.
That's cool with me.
Didn’t he just sign a big fat contract? I think some cap space just opened up for the tacks.
That sucks for him.  Quite frankly if I was a professional athlete I would probably want to get any supplement tested for banned substances before I put it into my body regardless if I bought it at GNC or any other reputable vendor.
(07-24-2019, 03:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]This would hold him out of the week 3 game in Jax.

at Cleveland and Myles Garrett on opening week
Indy week 2
at Jaguars on a short week with their backup going against Ngakoue (assuming he shows up and is healthy) and Josh Allen (assuming healthy)
at Atlanta and V. Beasley

Their backup LT will have some challenges ahead of him in his absence.
(07-24-2019, 05:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks for him.  Quite frankly if I was a professional athlete I would probably want to get any supplement tested for banned substances before I put it into my body regardless if I bought it at GNC or any other reputable vendor.

Years ago, the team doctor prescribed RB Chris Henry cold medicine with a banned substance. I mean, Lewan likes to party. I wouldn’t put it past him to do some stuff. But that list of banned substances is crazy. You never know.

(07-24-2019, 08:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2019, 03:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]This would hold him out of the week 3 game in Jax.

Indy week 2
at Jaguars on a short week with their backup going against Ngakoue (assuming he shows up and is healthy) and Josh Allen (assuming healthy)

That backup is very likely Dennis Kelly, and he’s been very capable so far.
(07-24-2019, 08:24 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2019, 05:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks for him.  Quite frankly if I was a professional athlete I would probably want to get any supplement tested for banned substances before I put it into my body regardless if I bought it at GNC or any other reputable vendor.

Years ago, the team doctor prescribed RB Chris Henry cold medicine with a banned substance. I mean, Lewan likes to party. I wouldn’t put it past him to do some stuff. But that list of banned substances is crazy. You never know.

(07-24-2019, 08:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]at Cleveland and Myles Garrett on opening week
Indy week 2

Kelly is no Taylor Lewan.

Not even close.  That's not a  Jaguars homer in me talking, it's just me as a football fan.

Nobody has played LT that well for that franchise since Bruce Matthews, and Michael Roos was damn good.

Besides, that would be a daunting stretch for just about any LT.
(07-24-2019, 09:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2019, 08:24 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: [ -> ]Years ago, the team doctor prescribed RB Chris Henry cold medicine with a banned substance. I mean, Lewan likes to party. I wouldn’t put it past him to do some stuff. But that list of banned substances is crazy. You never know.

Kelly is no Taylor Lewan.

Not even close.  That's not a  Jaguars homer in me talking, it's just me as a football fan.

Nobody has played LT that well for that franchise since Bruce Matthews, and Michael Roos was damn good.

Besides, that would be a daunting stretch for just about any LT.

I didn’t say he’s as good as Lewan, just that he is very capable, and Jaguars’ fans should already know that

Nice. I would put Campbell and Allen on that entire side and just pin their ears back for the game.
More important than being out 4 games is the fact that he'll soon start shrinking once he's steroid-free.  Soon he'll start looking like Jeff Saturday

[Image: saturdaysidebyside.jpg?w=660&h=390&crop=1]
(07-24-2019, 08:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

Indy week 2

We might see Mary Otter get literally killed by week 4.
Things may be piling up for the tacks:

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/...78176?s=20
I say load up the left side when we play them
Not an Jaguar issue.

NH3...
(07-26-2019, 01:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Things may be piling up for the tacks:

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/...78176?s=20

Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch.