Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How about the play of Beachum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He has played really well, its nice to finally see Blake's blind side is protected. Lets hope he keeps it up. BTW he is a big dude.
Something I have heard many times and saw proof of this season is you don't know how important something is until you don't have it. That is true with Kelvin Beachum.

Living up here in Steeler country, I was stoked when we signed him.

Dude's solid, and will be getting that 4yr/$40mil option at year's end.

Quote:Living up here in Steeler country, I was stoked when we signed him.

Dude's solid, and will be getting that 4yr/$40mil option at year's end.

Four-year option? Is that like Russell Okung's contract with the Broncos?
He did fine, but keep in mind the Colts DL was so weak that we were blowing open holes for the running game with no real TE active. ...I know we had Sterling out there, but I said real TE.

Quote:Four-year option? Is that like Russell Okung's contract with the Broncos?

I believe so, yeah.

Beachum's Contract is basically a 1 year trial deal w/ a 4yr/$40mil option on it.  Great structure for the Jags for a player coming off of injury.  If I'm not mistaken, Okung's deal is similarly structured.

Basically, Beachum bet on himself.  Come in, play like a stud, get a long term deal.  Come in and fail, the team lets you walk with no lingering cap issues.
Quote:He has played really well, its nice to finally see Blake's blind side is protected. Lets hope he keeps it up. BTW he is a big dude.

Didn't he give up a couple of sacks in the first two games?

Quote:Didn't he give up a couple of sacks in the first two games?

Like Baltimore, Green Bay has a pretty good defensive line. Not great perhaps, but probably underrated.

Unfortunately all I can think of him doing at San Diego is lying face down on the turf and getting medical attention.
Quote:He has played really well, its nice to finally see Blake's blind side is protected. Lets hope he keeps it up. BTW he is a big dude.

Ha, he is, though considered undersized for his position. He lifted the 6 5, 230+ Bortles straight up off the ground yesterday after a score like it was nothing. I like him. Unlike Parnell who is all buisness, and doesn't show 'outward' camaraderie with his teammates, Beachum has exhibited an engaging, all-in attitude. The line is coming along, though the twinks D line is hardly a worthy measurement for success.
Quote:Something I have heard many times and saw proof of this season is you don't know how important something is until you don't have it. That is true with Kelvin Beachum.

You didn't know how important a Left Tackle was?  The fact that they are in high demand during the draft and are usually the highest paid offensive lineman on each team should tell you that they are pretty important.
He has been reliable. If he stays healthy he's gonna get a nice deal.

Quote:You didn't know how important a Left Tackle was?  The fact that they are in high demand during the draft and are usually the highest paid offensive lineman on each team should tell you that they are pretty important.

I have no idea how you can be unable to understand I was specifically referring to Kelvin Beachum. It was obvious in my post.
Quote:I have no idea how you can be unable to understand I was specifically referring to Kelvin Beachum. It was obvious in my post.

Wutttt lol.
Quote:Wutttt lol.

There is nothing funny about it.

Just from the eye test, it seemed like he didn't trust the knee yet. Seems like he's starting to now, though.
The O-line in general has played pretty well. Linder at center has turned into a good thing and he should only get better.

Shhh, nobody wants to hear that. Just go with it...Joeckel sucks! The joke is bad.
Quote:Just from the eye test, it seemed like he didn't trust the knee yet. Seems like he's starting to now, though.

It has been less than a year since he injured his knee. Sometimes it takes a while for players to regain confidence after an injury like that one.