Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Bit too early predictions thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So were at the best part, training camps opening, hype and hope. 32 teams thinking they have a shot, everyone's 'healthy', the skys the limit. 

So how are we feeling? So this is the schedule:

Chiefs
@Texans
T*tans
@Denver
@Panthers
Saints
@Bengals 
Jets
Texans
@Colts
@T*tans
Bucs
Chargers (of course)
@Oakland
@Atlanta
Colts 

That schedule looks tricky on paper but if we can get past those first 7 games at 4-3 then we have a nice mid season run that can get us rolling for that west coast trip and Atlanta. 

Health will be the biggest factor, we cant keep losing guys at one position, that kills any team. We can go 10-6 or 9-7 which may get us through in the South.

A lot of evenly matched teams this year.
Injuries (or lack of) are always the biggest factor. Two years ago, the Jags were extremely fortunate in that area and almost made it to the Super Bowl. Last year was the polar opposite. In order for the Jags to have another great season, Foles and Fournette need to remain healthy and the offensive line must do the same. If all those things happen, it is POSSIBLE that the Jags win 11 games and get a 1st week playoffs bye. If significant injuries do happen, the record could be reversed to as bad as 5-11. Therefore, I will predict an 8-8 record which is right in the middle of these extremes. This record won't make many Jag fans happy, but it is realistic. Their schedule is not easy and the AFC South has improved significantly. It will be tough for this team to win any of this divisional games on the road. I predict the highlight of this season will be in week 1. They will avenge last year's humiliating loss to the Chiefs with Fournette going for 120 yards and 2 touchdowns. Our fans will be sky-high, only to be knocked off by the Texans in week 2.
Chiefs - W
At tinhorns - W
tacks - L
At Broncos - L
At Carolina - L
New Orleans - L
At Bengals - W
Jets - W
tinhorns - W
at clots - L
at tacks - W
Buccaneers - W
Chargers - W
at Raiders - W
at Falcons - L
clots - W

Barring no significant injuries or setbacks. I think the first six weeks are going to be brutal for us to watch at times as fans. As I feel the four games we'll lose in a row will be very, very close and come down to last minute FG's by our opponents or blown opportunities on offense as everyone is still trying to get a feel for this system and with Foles in the mix and a lot of guys still trying to get healthier and get the rust off from minor or major injuries of last season.

With that said. I expect a full rebound with a surprising finish of 10 - 6 after starting off 2 - 4. We might lose a game against the tacks or tinhorns which would put us at 9 - 7. But I think our rookie class will be better down the stretch. Along with our 2nd year players. May see guys like Williams on defense or Allen on defense start to turn it on late. Maybe see more production out of Josh Oliver at TE or Armstead at RB spelling Fournette. But all in all. The pieces are still here. Just need to stay healthy. Keep greasing the groove a bit on offense and we'll see it all come together down the stretch. 

We may very well sneak into the play-off's as a 5th or 6th seed or ultimately take the AFC South division crown with a week 17 victory at home over the clots and Luck. We'll see.
Chiefs-W
@Texans- W
T*tans stinking flaming tacks- W
@Denver- W
@Panthers- W
Saints- W
@Bengals - W
Jets- W
Texans- W
@Colts- W
@T*tans  stinking flaming tacks- W
Bucs- W
Chargers (of course)- W
@Oakland- W
@Atlanta- W
Colts - W
Chiefs       Loss
@Texans    Loss
Titans       Win
@Denver     Win
@Panthers   Win
Saints    Loss
@Bengals   Win
Jets       Win
Texans    Win
@Colts    loss
@Titans   Win
Bucs     Win
Chargers (of course)    Loss
@Oakland   Win
@Atlanta    Loss
Colts        Loss

9-7
I'd take 9-7, provided we were in the playoff chase throughout the year. In other words, I don't want 9-7 if we start 0-6 as it would deflate the fanbase through Oct and into Nov
I hope I’m wrong I’m prepared for a disappointing season at 9-7 I can’t shake the feeling the defense takes a big step backwards and while I expect improved QB play I just don’t see enough improvements In the run game or with the receivers to think it’s going to mask a struggling unit.
My heart says 12-4 and a bye week. My head sees a mediocre regular season QB, the second coming of Trent Richardson at running back, and an offensive line that isn't even healthy right now. I could see another 5-6 win season and a thorough house cleaning.
7-9. Colts win AFC South.
The O line can't even keep Foles protected in practice because we're missing a major piece. What if Cam gets injured again? We're so thin at offensive line it ain't funny.
(07-29-2019, 10:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The O line can't even keep Foles protected in practice because we're missing a major piece. What if Cam gets injured again? We're so thin at offensive line it ain't funny.

Agreed. Cam NEEDS to come back at 100% and Taylor NEEDS to play at a high level, pretty much immediately.
9 or 10 wins is very possible.

Just need the line to stay relatively healthy, Foles to stay healthy, and Flip to call better sequences than Hackett.

I think this is do-able.
(07-29-2019, 07:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Chiefs       Loss
@Texans    Loss
Titans       Win
@Denver     Win
@Panthers   Win
Saints    Loss
@Bengals   Win
Jets       Win
Texans    Win
@Colts    loss
@Titans   Win
Bucs     Win
Chargers (of course)    Loss
@Oakland   Win
@Atlanta    Loss
Colts        Loss

9-7

I have 8-8, carbon copy of the above excepting a faceplant game in tack town.
lol at the people predicted 2-0 against the Titans. I mean, you could get 1, but 2............ child please

[Image: CUNvBm3WoAAfAvZ.jpg]
2 losses to the Titans... the rest is irrelevent
(07-29-2019, 11:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2019, 10:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The O line can't even keep Foles protected in practice because we're missing a major piece. What if Cam gets injured again? We're so thin at offensive line it ain't funny.

Agreed. Cam NEEDS to come back at 100% and Taylor NEEDS to play at a high level, pretty much immediately.

I agree. Taylor needs to be good right out of the gate.
(07-30-2019, 08:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]9 or 10 wins is very possible.

Just need the line to stay relatively healthy, Foles to stay healthy, and Flip to call better sequences than Hackett.

I think this is do-able.

I think well have some close games. O needs a drive, D needs a stop. Those are the games that turn a season into a 12 win or a 6 win.

We need to grind games out, just get the W, I dont care how ugly it is!

And get the big mo rolling.
61-3
Chiefs. L
@Texans L
T*tans L
@Denver L
@Panthers W
Saints L
@Bengals W
Jets W
Texans W
@Colts L
@T*tans L
Bucs W
Chargers L
@Oakland W
@Atlanta L
Colts L

6-10
Chiefs - W Opening day, healthy team, at home, anything goes. Probably one of the big surprises of the week.
@Texans L We struggle against mobile QB's especially on the road. Underrated defense there.
T*tans L We can't seem to ever stop derrick henry.
@Denver W I think we can run on them and probably shut down Flacco as per usual.
@Panthers L We can't stop a mobile QB, tough road game.
Saints W Great QB but not mobile, defense can carry the game here but I think our offense will carry the team better this year.
@Bengals W Yea we shouldn't lose this one but who knows what the state of our team will be and who is injured and all.
Jets W - Why would we lose this game? We killed them in duval last year.
Texans W - I think we get revenge in a close game. Maybe Josh Allen is the difference maker in containing mobile QB's idk. We win this one.
@Colts L - Yea I think this is just losing to a better team in their place.
@T*tans L - Well yea.
Bucs W - Well yea.
Chargers (of course) W - We beat them 2 years ago at home with Josh Lambo. I think we can get to Rivers, not mobile. I think our offense will be better so I think we win this one. It's 50/50 though giving us the benefit of the doubt.
@Oakland W - West coast game.. we should win, but who knows. AB will probably go off or something and we find a way to lose.
@Atlanta L - Depends on the season up till this point. I'm sure we'll be depleted or something and Julio goes for like 300 yards. 
Colts W - This is plenty winnable.

So up side we're 10-6 given the benefit of the doubts. Wild Card team. Wheels fall off side 6-10. I think we have better leadership this year. If we don't get devastated with injuries again I don't see the wheels falling off.
Pages: 1 2