Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: GDP 2018 numbers revised down, 3% growth not achieved.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/45487...-revisions

New data revisions go down for 2018 GDP growth, 3% target missed according to new data from the latest data from the administrations own commerce department.
Hard to trust a "revised" figure 7 months after the fact.
Well they come from the administration’s own commerce department, who have the absolute opposite incentive.  Probably why they came out in the news dump on Friday.   revisions are actually much more accurate than the initial estimates. So it turns out the target was missed despite all the chest thumping and ball spiking beforehand.  Pretty sure the Trumpettes will still tout the now unaccomplished accomplishment.
Deep State will do anything to make Trump look bad. You think there are not any anti-Trumpers in the Commerce Dept.?
About as believable as a poll having Hillary beating Trump by double digits.

Sorry mikesez account #2. Not buying it.
Lol, you guys are hilarious.  It’s the administrations own numbers, tin foil must really be flying off the shelf.  So we believe the numbers we like, and the ones we don’t are the work of the “deep state”
(07-29-2019, 04:36 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: [ -> ]https://thehill.com/policy/finance/45487...-revisions

New data revisions go down for 2018 GDP growth, 3% target missed according to new data from the latest data from the administrations own commerce department.

And? It's cherry-picked piece to say nanny-nanny boo-boo. The economy is still healthy and consumption has been climbing. If there is a negative it is that people are not saving and investing residual income.

https://www.bea.gov/data/gdp/gross-domestic-product

Did you really just come here so you could fire off a "trumpettes" and "tin-foil"? Take that weak [BLEEP] outta here!
(07-29-2019, 06:09 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, you guys are hilarious.  It’s the administrations own numbers, tin foil must really be flying off the shelf.  So we believe the numbers we like, and the ones we don’t are the work of the “deep state”

It's more like the eye test when evaluating talent. Sometimes stats don't tell the story.
Yeh yeh...

Cowboys Fans: "It was a CATCH!!!"

TDS: "The economy really isn't THAT GOOD"
(07-29-2019, 05:03 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: [ -> ]Well they come from the administration’s own commerce department, who have the absolute opposite incentive.  Probably why they came out in the news dump on Friday.   revisions are actually much more accurate than the initial estimates. So it turns out the target was missed despite all the chest thumping and ball spiking beforehand.  Pretty sure the Trumpettes will still tout the now unaccomplished accomplishment.

Welcome to Bizzaro World. 2019, the new 1984...

[Image: 67125477_2064921257147559_24700473355859...e=5DAB99FB]
(07-29-2019, 08:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2019, 05:03 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: [ -> ]Well they come from the administration’s own commerce department, who have the absolute opposite incentive.  Probably why they came out in the news dump on Friday.   revisions are actually much more accurate than the initial estimates. So it turns out the target was missed despite all the chest thumping and ball spiking beforehand.  Pretty sure the Trumpettes will still tout the now unaccomplished accomplishment.

Welcome to Bizzaro World. 2019, the new 1984...

Interesting. My eyes tell me things are great, the media demands that I believe it's not. Maybe we should put an NYT or Huffpo quote up there instead.
(07-29-2019, 05:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]About as believable as a poll having Hillary beating Trump by double digits.

Man I had no idea I was living rent free in your head like this.

I only have one account here, and I'm the guy who says that any President shouldn't get credit or blame about economic growth numbers.
(07-30-2019, 07:05 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2019, 05:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]About as believable as a poll having Hillary beating Trump by double digits.

I only have one account here, and I'm the guy who says that any President shouldn't get credit or blame about economic growth numbers.

Well, that account is posting silly stuff that sounds exactly like you, so it was an honest mistake.
(07-30-2019, 07:05 AM)The mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol, don’t know Mike but share the same opinion presidents get way too much blame and credit for the economy.  I think the economy is fine, but it’s been fine for many years.  Just like to point out the change of opinion and hypocrisy on this.   Before this year 2% was considered sluggish sub standard growth proof of Obama’s ineptness, and 3% was proof Trump was an economic genius, but now after 2 consecutive quarters with 2% GDP, first dispute the number, then claim the metric doesn’t matter it’s all about the eyeball test and the gut feeling.  And 2% is wonderful.  A complete 180, my one dollar bill is better than your one dollar bill.  It’s hilarious.  I might add that though presidents get too much blame and and credit, starting a trade war without having the leverage and gameplan to finish, spooking business investment unnecessarily might be one of the few circumstances where the president deserves blame, but I digress.   Just nice to hear people now graciously celebrating 2% growth when before they derided it.

(07-29-2019, 10:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2019, 08:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Bizzaro World. 2019, the new 1984...

Interesting. My eyes tell me things are great, the media demands that I believe it's not. Maybe we should put an NYT or Huffpo quote up there instead.

Maybe because you're only looking at what's great for you.
(07-30-2019, 02:05 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2019, 07:05 AM)The mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Man I had no idea I was living rent free in your head like this.

Lol, don’t know Mike but share the same opinion presidents get way too much blame and credit for the economy.  I think the economy is fine, but it’s been fine for many years.  Just like to point out the change of opinion and hypocrisy on this.   Before this year 2% was considered sluggish sub standard growth proof of Obama’s ineptness, and 3% was proof Trump was an economic genius, but now after 2 consecutive quarters with 2% GDP, first dispute the number, then claim the metric doesn’t matter it’s all about the eyeball test and the gut feeling.  And 2% is wonderful.  A complete 180, my one dollar bill is better than your one dollar bill.  It’s hilarious.  I might add that though presidents get too much blame and and credit, starting a trade war without having the leverage and gameplan to finish, spooking business investment unnecessarily might be one of the few circumstances where the president deserves blame, but I digress.   Just nice to hear people now graciously celebrating 2% growth when before they derided it.

You've started 3 threads in 7 years... And THIS is one of them?
You guys are hilarious. And you have the nerve to talk about Trumpettes? You literally trolled your way into digging up a couple posters you knew wouldn't be able to resist getting into a message board pissing match.
The never Trumpers have been and always will be way worse than any Trumpette apologist.

Also: it was 2.5% not 2%, so if you're gonna argue over the nitty gritty details get em right.
And the last 2 Q came in at 3.1 and 2.1, respectively...
So don't lie about how 2% wasn't good and now is good enough. 2.5 is better than 2 as much as 2.5 isn't as good as 3.
Willing to bet by the end of his 8 years he has the country averaging close to 3% for his entire time.

(07-30-2019, 03:09 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2019, 10:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. My eyes tell me things are great, the media demands that I believe it's not. Maybe we should put an NYT or Huffpo quote up there instead.

What else should matter to me?
But seriously.... things are great for a lot of people. Sorry, not sorry.
(07-30-2019, 03:09 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2019, 10:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. My eyes tell me things are great, the media demands that I believe it's not. Maybe we should put an NYT or Huffpo quote up there instead.

What is great for me could be great for anyone, I'm nothing special other than my work ethic.