Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Quincy Williams Injury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Meniscus tear will sideline Willams 4-6 weeks...
(08-01-2019, 03:46 PM)JagDelRio Wrote: [ -> ]Meniscus tear will sideline Willams 4-6 weeks

(08-01-2019, 03:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1157...16672?s=21

#becauseJags

Damn Damn Damn!

On a bright note, it shouldn't keep him out the whole season based on this.

In fact, based on this schedule, he could be back by opening day.

But it sucks we won't see him in the preseason, and it sucks he will miss out on the reps.
(08-01-2019, 03:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2019, 03:46 PM)JagDelRio Wrote: [ -> ]Meniscus tear will sideline Willams 4-6 weeks

(08-01-2019, 03:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1157...16672?s=21

#becauseJags

Damn Damn Damn!

On a bright note, it shouldn't keep him out the whole season based on this.

In fact, based on this schedule, he could be back by opening day.

But it sucks we won't see him in the preseason, and it sucks he will miss out on the reps.

Those preseason reps would’ve helped a ton. At least it not the dreaded 3 letter tear. He’ll be back sometime in September.
Welp, injury domino effect begins.
Headed to the Modis. We meeting by the hotdog cart?
[BLEEP]
4 - 6 weeks isn't too bad. It's not season ending. It just means he'll have to speed it back up during practice when the regular season starts. Should be in the starting rotation by week four at the minimum.

It's a good thing this defense has enough talent across the board to make up for this minor speed bump. If it means moving Josh Allen in and out of that spot for awhile so be it. This is why you take a freak athlete in the first round when they fall to you. Todd Wash gets paid to figure these situations out. I expect nothing less out of him. He'll figure it out.
For all those medical field folks out there..will this effect his speed any if at all?
Every damn time.

[Image: everytime1.jpg]
(08-01-2019, 04:24 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]For all those medical field folks out there..will this effect his speed any if at all?

I am by no means a medical professional, but Myles Jack had a torn meniscus (that's what caused him to drop a round) and he's still plenty fast.
Damn! I hate that the lb position is already thin, ryan had a setback and now this. Good thing is that its not acl or anything like that, sucks he wont get the reps in the preseason but hopefully he is a full go mid-late september
Real nice Hays.... you jinx'd it...

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...9081071618
Dang he’s probably the guy who needs some preseason action the most on defense.
(08-01-2019, 05:05 PM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]Dang he’s probably the guy who needs some preseason action the most on defense.

Maybe, maybe not. With all of the buzz that's been circling around him here locally you would think he was already ready to go from day one. I think we'll be fine down the stretch. I just expect Todd Wash to get creative with Josh Allen during the first month of football until Quincy Williams is fully healed up.
That jump up for rookies especially for the smaller school guys seem to take a toll on most of them early at this level. Not surprising to see Williams and Oliver dealing with injuries this early. Hopefully it won't be an ongoing issue.

(08-01-2019, 05:18 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/brentasjax/status/11...95104?s=21

That's always good to hear from your head coach. Testament to the young man's work ethic and toughness. If he's playing against Kansas City during the opener that's impressive.
WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I'm going to find that injury bug. And when I do, he's about to get the molywhop of a lifetime! As a rookie, he needed this time to get ready. Our linebacker core is hurting big time. Glad it's a short term injury, but upset he's missing the needed time. #becauseJaguars of course.... lol
On his radio show tonight, Marrone said Williams actually had the injury for a while and was playing through it. Marrone said that Williams indicated it was feeling a little different so they decided to check it out. Marrone is confident Williams will be ready for Week 1.
(08-01-2019, 05:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]On his radio show tonight, Marrone said Williams actually had the injury for a while and was playing through it.  Marrone said that Williams indicated it was feeling a little different so they decided to check it out.  Marrone is confident Williams will be ready for Week 1.

Tough kid. I already like him. So that really leaves us with Myles Jack inside and then Leon Jacobs I assume will be filling in at one of the outside spots and then we know about Williams and Ryan recovering now. So that really leaves McCray as the only other seasoned linebacker. But he seems fairly limited. Not familiar with D.J Alexander nor James Onwualu neither. 

I am led to believe that we will see Josh Allen rotating in and out of the OLB spot with Quincy Williams at times this year. It'll be a shame if they don't move him around a bit to keep opponents guessing. Has anything been said about that from the coaching staff yet? As far as Allen playing at OLB/DE? Or have they strictly committed to him playing at DE?
Pages: 1 2