Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: FMIA Peter King on the Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

If you look to the left, you can click and move directly to the segment on the Jaguars, where he talks to Campbell and Allen, and writes about Foles and Ramsey.
Thanks for the post OP. I loved hearing how Allen has been flashing throughout camp from Campbell. I've been skeptical since i havent been seeing it in any videos posted, but it seems he is getting attention from the players. Jalen is just being jalen, so i think he just wants to play for whomever pays him and sees his value the way he sees it. That could be a good thing and it also can be a bad.
(08-05-2019, 09:41 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the post OP.  I loved hearing how Allen has been flashing throughout camp from Campbell.  I've been skeptical since i havent been seeing it in any videos posted, but it seems he is getting attention from the players.  Jalen is just being jalen, so i think he just wants to play for whomever pays him and sees his value the way he sees it.  That could be a good thing and it also can be a bad.

To me, there have been clips of him flashing good pass rush moves.  If you examine the training camp thread, you should see them.

I just question the competition against whom he flashed.
(08-05-2019, 10:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2019, 09:41 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the post OP.  I loved hearing how Allen has been flashing throughout camp from Campbell.  I've been skeptical since i havent been seeing it in any videos posted, but it seems he is getting attention from the players.  Jalen is just being jalen, so i think he just wants to play for whomever pays him and sees his value the way he sees it.  That could be a good thing and it also can be a bad.

To me, there have been clips of him flashing good pass rush moves.  If you examine the training camp thread, you should see them.

I remember when Fowler was drafted, I watched the highlights from college and was not very impressed.  I felt he only had a speed rush around the edge and lacked the power to drive back tackles once he was engaged his play was over for the most part.  Allen seems to be the real deal and has the size and power to drive tackles back into the quarterback, push off blocks and speed to get around the edge. So I am very excited to see his development into a premier pass rusher. He has the potential to be rookie of the year with the tutelage of Calius and Yan in my opinion.
(08-05-2019, 10:39 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2019, 10:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]To me, there have been clips of him flashing good pass rush moves.  If you examine the training camp thread, you should see them.

I remember when Fowler was drafted, I watched the highlights from college and was not very impressed.  I felt he only had a speed rush around the edge and lacked the power to drive back tackles once he was engaged his play was over for the most part.  Allen seems to be the real deal and has the size and power to drive tackles back into the quarterback, push off blocks and speed to get around the edge. So I am very excited to see his development into a premier pass rusher. He has the potential to be rookie of the year with the tutelage of Calius and Yan in my opinion.

I feel the same about Allen, but I am pumping the brakes on my enthusiasm a little until I see him show his stuff against a higher quality of tackle than Wester and a more experienced T than Taylor (who has looked pretty good to me thus far).
Allen and hopefully Yan for the next 10 years.

It’s a lofty goal but Freeney and Mathis comps are there.
(08-05-2019, 11:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Allen and hopefully Yan for the next 10 years.

It’s a lofty goal but Freeney and Mathis comps are there.

It can be done, I believe.

I think if we purge some salaries of older or unproductive veterans, and draft well enough to stay away from expensive free agents for a few years, it could be done.
I liked King's comment about how it will be interesting when T. Boselli and F. Taylor share the stage for some 25 Years of Jaguars event.

He also mentioned he'll go into more depth on the Jags next week because some stuff got pushed back due to the death of Don Banks. Yet he had info on the Jaguars. I'm confused.

RIP Don Banks. Great writer who covered the NFL. Started with The St. Petersburg Times.
(08-05-2019, 01:13 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]I liked King's comment about how it will be interesting when T. Boselli and F. Taylor share the stage for some 25 Years of Jaguars event.

He also mentioned he'll go into more depth on the Jags next week because some stuff got pushed back due to the death of Don Banks. Yet he had info on the Jaguars. I'm confused.

RIP Don Banks. Great writer who covered the NFL. Started with The St. Petersburg Times.

That's too bad, I enjoyed his work for a bunch of years.
Jaylen being Jaylen lol. I like everything I read in his camp article. Jaylen saying "maybe" gave me a little laugh. He knows we are going to pay him.

CC never fails to amaze me. That man is the definition of class and arguably the best fa we have ever signed(POZ is up there and I'm hoping foles proves me wrong).
(08-05-2019, 07:52 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]Jaylen being Jaylen lol. I like everything I read in his camp article. Jaylen saying "maybe" gave me a little laugh. He knows we are going to pay him.

CC never fails to amaze me. That man is the definition of class and arguably the best fa we have ever signed(POZ is up there and I'm hoping foles proves me wrong).

I understand what you are saying, but technically, the best free agent we ever signed was Jimmy Smith.
(08-06-2019, 06:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2019, 07:52 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]Jaylen being Jaylen lol. I like everything I read in his camp article. Jaylen saying "maybe" gave me a little laugh. He knows we are going to pay him.

I understand what you are saying, but technically, the best free agent we ever signed was Jimmy Smith.

Yeah I can't argue with that.
(08-05-2019, 10:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

True.  Someone mentioned Fowler, and i definitely see the difference between the two.  I like Allen and want him to be a dominant force on this DLine.  I think he will thrive with the pieces around him on Defense, leaving him one on one with a lineman.  I'm ready for some football!!!