Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2019s First Unofficial Depth Chart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently they don't believe in just handing the starting job to a rookie. (Jawaan Taylor)
Theres a lot of raw youth on that chart. Some real opportunities for guys to step up. I'm still worried about that LB corps.

What do you guys think of the RB spot? Never been a fan of Blue when he was at Houston. Always has a fumble in him. Rawls had some flashes at Seattle, he may be that speed option. Intrigued to see Armstead and Cunningham. Think well keep 3?
I heard Oescher mention on the radio this morning that the depth chart just posted is put out by the PR staff, and not the coaching staff. It is unofficial, to say the least....take it with a grain of salt.
I was hoping to see Bunchy Stallings make a splash.
(08-05-2019, 02:03 PM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]I heard Oescher mention on the radio this morning that the depth chart just posted is put out by the PR staff, and not the coaching staff.  It is unofficial, to say the least....take it with a grain of salt.

Note that the title of the thread specifically states "unofficial."

(08-05-2019, 02:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping to see Bunchy Stallings make a splash.

He still may make a splash and make the team.
(08-05-2019, 03:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2019, 02:03 PM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]I heard Oescher mention on the radio this morning that the depth chart just posted is put out by the PR staff, and not the coaching staff.  It is unofficial, to say the least....take it with a grain of salt.

Note that the title of the thread specifically states "unofficial."

(08-05-2019, 02:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping to see Bunchy Stallings make a splash.

He still may make a splash and make the team.

I guess you should have said "Officially Unofficial"
(08-05-2019, 12:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently they don't believe in just handing the starting job to a rookie.  (Jawaan Taylor)

Yeah, similar to Cam Robinson.
And Fournette iirc.

And they even held Harrison back, much to my (and many fans) chagrin, before finally giving him the S job over Church.

I would assume though that Taylor will be day 1 starting RT.
And if Williams can get back from injury, he'll slide into WLB.
(08-05-2019, 03:52 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2019, 12:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently they don't believe in just handing the starting job to a rookie.  (Jawaan Taylor)

Yeah, similar to Cam Robinson.
And Fournette iirc.

And they even held Harrison back, much to my (and many fans) chagrin, before finally giving him the S job over Church.

I would assume though that Taylor will be day 1 starting RT.
And if Williams can get back from injury, he'll slide into WLB.

Yeah. I think both of those rooks have the start sewn up if healthy. I like the backups getting more reps with the ones this offseason in general though. They’ve been mixing it up at several positions that way.
James onwualu sp? Injured today carted off,was co starter with Jacobs so far.
(08-05-2019, 06:22 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]James onwualu sp? Injured today carted off,was co starter with Jacobs so far.

Good chance Jacobs holds that spot down until Ryan is full go.
(08-05-2019, 07:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2019, 06:22 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]James onwualu sp? Injured today carted off,was co starter with Jacobs so far.

Good chance Jacobs holds that spot down until Ryan is full go.

Leon Jacobs was actually playing well there as a rookie last season iirc.
I mean the strongside doesn't play that much, but he made some plays, even scoring a safety.

Season ended early with a quad injury but I like his chances to hold the starting job with Ryan being a swing backup to SLB and MLB

I'm not liking our depth options at LB and TE could get thin real quick.

But rarely does a team go 2 or 3 deep at every position group with real good talent.
DL and CBs have to be some of the best in the league though.
And I'm higher on our WR depth/talent than most fans
Wasn't THAT shocked to see that Ryquell Armstead isn't the backup RB at this point. but I WAS shocked to see Alfred Blue penciled in as the #2... Looks like a competition between Roc Thomas & Benny Cunningham for that 4th RB spot which should have an emphasis on pass catching.
(08-06-2019, 10:27 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't THAT shocked to see that Ryquell Armstead isn't the backup RB at this point. but I WAS shocked to see Alfred Blue penciled in as the #2... Looks like a competition between Roc Thomas & Benny Cunningham for that 4th RB spot which should have an emphasis on pass catching.

I dont know how much we are going to be a run first team this year but I dont like that RB group. I want to see what Rawls can do but Seattle have been crying out for an RB, maybe they let him walk for a reason.
(08-06-2019, 10:27 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't THAT shocked to see that Ryquell Armstead isn't the backup RB at this point. but I WAS shocked to see Alfred Blue penciled in as the #2... Looks like a competition between Roc Thomas & Benny Cunningham for that 4th RB spot which should have an emphasis on pass catching.

I think you’ll see that change when the staff releases an official depth chart.

I’m still betting on LF, Armstead, Cunningham, Blue