Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How Long Is Joe DeCamillis Gonna Get A Pass?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
different year. same story. multiple special teams goof ups.

Why does this guy keep getting a pass?
(08-09-2019, 12:01 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]different year. same story. multiple special teams goof ups.

He's new and probably wasnt trying to show his hand with the backups screwing it up.  I'm as big a critic of our offense and gameplan as anyone, I want to see what we do during the regular season first tho.  If we still look like a HS caliber offense and fans with little to no football knowledge can call out plays before the snap, he needs to go.  Thing is, if he goes the entire staff goes imho.
I'm talking about the Special Teams coach lol, not the OC
(08-09-2019, 12:07 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about the Special Teams coach lol, not the OC

You're right.  Its defillipo or whateva thats the OC.  I mean, the ST unit did get a return TD.  The holding against wingard was so so, and i cant blame him for bad coaching in that.  Also, on a few FG attempts it looked like we were close to getting a block.  It was said that Quincy had shown the speed to get to the kick and block it, so i assume if he was healthy and in, we may have gotten one or 2.  The rest is meh.
(08-09-2019, 12:01 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]different year. same story. multiple special teams goof ups.

After one preseason game and a bunch of scrubs playing.  lol
(08-09-2019, 12:20 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]

After one preseason game and a bunch of scrubs playing.  lol

Same thing happens with this guy year after year, man
(08-09-2019, 12:24 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2019, 12:20 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]After one preseason game and a bunch of scrubs playing.  lol

Same thing happens with this guy year after year, man

You're right, the sky is definitely falling.  My error.
5 years,three months, two days and 14 hours.
Time to panic!!

[Image: giphy.gif]
I loved the old man Pete Rodriguez (RIP) as our ST Coach. Since then we’ve had a slew of ST coaches that have stunk. DeCamillis is in his second stint with the Jags and I believe is regarded as one of if not the best in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Year after Year...."

To save you time...from that link.

"Joe DeCamillis, with over 25 years of NFL coaching experience, is in his fifth season with the Jaguars, including his third under Head Coach Doug Marrone. The 2019 season is DeCamillis’ 30th in the NFL.

Last season, DeCamillis oversaw the special teams unit that finished first in the NFL in opposing KR avg. (17.8) and second in opposing PR avg. (5.0). The 2018 special teams unit was ranked seventh in the NFL in the Dallas Morning News’ annual special teams rankings. Dallas Morning News columnist Rick Gosselin uses a points system based on 22 categories to rank each of the 32 NFL teams’ special teams units at the end of each season."
(08-09-2019, 01:06 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2019, 12:24 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Same thing happens with this guy year after year, man

You're right, the sky is definitely falling.  My error.

So basically, he gets a pass forever because there will always be some type of excuse for him.
(08-09-2019, 01:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2019, 01:06 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]You're right, the sky is definitely falling.  My error.

So basically, he gets a pass forever because there will always be some type of excuse for him.

So did you peruse my last post or just jumping on because of your ignorance?
(08-09-2019, 02:19 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2019, 01:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]So basically, he gets a pass forever because there will always be some type of excuse for him.

So did you peruse my last post or just jumping on because of your ignorance?

Look, dammit, if they ain't numero UNO in every category then the bum needs to get fired.
(08-09-2019, 01:37 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]"Year after Year...."

"Joe DeCamillis, with over 25 years of NFL coaching experience, is in his fifth season with the Jaguars, including his third under Head Coach Doug Marrone. The 2019 season is DeCamillis’ 30th in the NFL.

Last season, DeCamillis oversaw the special teams unit that finished first in the NFL in opposing KR avg. (17.8) and second in opposing PR avg. (5.0). The 2018 special teams unit was ranked seventh in the NFL in the Dallas Morning News’ annual special teams rankings. Dallas Morning News columnist Rick Gosselin uses a points system based on 22 categories to rank each of the 32 NFL teams’ special teams units at the end of each season."

Hahahahahahaha!   

This thread is so funny.   

"Why does Joe DeCamillis get a pass?"   Well, there's the answer!  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, umm, I’m all good with Joe DeCamillis.

We may have some concerns after we see this team play a few reg. Season games, but I’d wager the ST coordinator is not going to be one of them.

Also, am I the only one that remembers the kick coverage making a very noticeable improvement from 2017-2018?

where'd they rank in bone-headed penalties. get back with me.
(08-09-2019, 04:00 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]

Not highly enough to knock them out of the top ten special teams units in the league.

DeCamillis is not the cause of the team's problems, either last year or this year.  In fact, given the abject disaster Special teams were under Bradley, I am mystified as to why you choose to vilify him now after the first preseason game.
(08-09-2019, 02:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2019, 02:19 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]So did you peruse my last post or just jumping on because of your ignorance?

Look, dammit, if they ain't numero UNO in every category then the bum needs to get fired.

You win just for using "numero uno".
(08-09-2019, 04:00 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]

I would assume that would be one of the 22 categories that Gosselin considered.  Although you have some preconceived and incorrect notion about DeCammllis so you'll conveniently ignore that.

Oh....get back to me...
Pages: 1 2