Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Offense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
12th in total offense, 6th in TDS scored, tied for 8th in plays 20+yrds, and unfortunately...tied for 3rd in sacks allowed.
Sacks and penalties are killing the team. Thankfully they forced their share of negative plays today
True. Those sacks happen at the most inopportune times. But...they fought today. Win feels good. Let's hope its a building block and not an aberration.

Quote:Sacks and penalties are killing the team. Thankfully they forced their share of negative plays today
I imagine interceptions are also killing us.

We're 12th in offense?

Sure doesn't seem like it.
I feel like we should be 28th lol.

Quote:I feel like we should be 28th lol.

Haha pretty much.
Quote:We're 12th in offense?

Sure doesn't seem like it.

I have DTV NFL this year and have been able to watch parts of a bunch of different games this season.

Judging what I have seen so far this year, it is a down year for offensive football in the NFL, at least that's what it seems like to me.

Sure there are some exceptions here and there, including Matt Ryan's 500 yard passing game today and JJ 300 yards rec, but overall, from what I have seen, offensive football is down over last year.

Of course it's only been 4 weeks though, but that's probably why the Jags are listed as 12th in total offense and 6th in TDs scored.

Also, there are still 4 teams left to play their 4th game (SNF and MNF) and the Eagles (3-0) and Packers (2-1) have their bye week this week, leaving 6 teams with only 3 games of stats.

The Jags will drop down from 12th once all the other teams catch up with their 4th game played.
bring the penalties down a bit and the OL becomes healthier and gets better as a whole and I think we would have a top 10 offense. 

Quote:I imagine interceptions are also killing us.

Blake did not throw any passes to Colts players today.
Quote:Blake did not throw any passes to Colts players today.
This thread is about the season as a whole, not just today.  Keep up
Quote:This thread is about the season as a whole, not just today.  Keep up

The season as a whole includes today.
Quote:The season as a whole includes today.

And it makes no sense to comment on an individual game when we have a lot of interceptions on the season.
Quote:And it makes no sense to comment on an individual game when we have a lot of interceptions on the season.

We don't have "a lot" of interceptions.
Quote:We don't have "a lot" of interceptions.
Bortles is 2nd in the league for most interceptions.  Please do research before you just post without knowing what you're talking about. 
We're obviously focused on Blake but there's not a lot of good QB play out there.  Ryan, Carr, Brees, Wentz are playing well and that's about it.  

Quote:We're obviously focused on Blake but there's not a lot of good QB play out there.  Ryan, Carr, Brees, Wentz are playing well and that's about it.  
Blake played good today and thats the main thing.  Hopefully he uses that as confidence and builds on it and works on his mechanics over the next few weeks and goes to Chi and lights it up
Quote:We're obviously focused on Blake but there's not a lot of good QB play out there.  Ryan, Carr, Brees, Wentz are playing well and that's about it.  

Prescott, Bradford, Siemian, Garoppolo . . .  surely you can think of someone else.

They can't run the ball worth a damn.  For some reason Ivory thinks he is a side line runner.

Quote:They can't run the ball worth a damn.  For some reason Ivory thinks he is a side line runner.
we ran the ball good today
Pages: 1 2 3