Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Booger McFarland Names Yannick Ngakoue Top 5 Pass Rusher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watching Golic and Wingo and they asked Booger for his top 5 pass rushers in the league right now.  He went Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, Yannick, Von Miller and Chris Jones.  I'm not necessarily a Booger fan, but nice to see Yan getting some attention on a national show.  Would be nice to extend him before he has a monster season....
Seems Yan wants monster season money before said monster season. If he doesn't take the money now, I hope he does have that monster season and proves he's worth what he's asking.
Yan will likely continue to make a few top 5 lists and a lot of top ten lists. Especially if we are focusing on the pass rush function of his position. He's earned that and I wish they could get a deal done before September.
They'll get a deal done. It does bum me out though that it's taking them this long. Especially when they released Jackson, Church & Gipson last year. I really don't think we're keeping Jack now after this season is up. Unless they tag him. But I do believe they'll fork over whatever they must fork over to keep Yannick and Jalen here.
We have alot in wasted cap this year next year we can affird both jack and yannick.

And ramsey the year after. We wasted alot in the bortles. Dead hit this year and telvin
I think with an improved DL the door is open to have a monster season. If Allen can demand respect on the other end and Calais and Dareus pushing the inside QB's should be going down.
(08-21-2019, 11:04 AM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]Seems Yan wants monster season money before said monster season.  If he doesn't take the money now, I hope he does have that monster season and proves he's worth what he's asking.

Exactly.  If he decides to bet on himself, we should hope he wins that bet.
(08-22-2019, 07:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2019, 11:04 AM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]Seems Yan wants monster season money before said monster season.  If he doesn't take the money now, I hope he does have that monster season and proves he's worth what he's asking.

Exactly.  If he decides to bet on himself, we should hope he wins that bet.
So the price tag goes up even higher?
(08-22-2019, 07:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2019, 07:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly.  If he decides to bet on himself, we should hope he wins that bet.

Would you pay top dollar for someone who proves to be a Von Miller-type disruptor in their prime years? Would you prefer that he has a mediocre year, and we sign him to top-5 money? Or worse, we let him walk, and someone else gets a top-5 caliber end and we get a measly comp pick while he wrecks QBs for the next five years?

My goodness, when isn't the sky falling around here?
(08-22-2019, 08:17 AM)We Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2019, 07:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]So the price tag goes up even higher?

Would you pay top dollar for someone who proves to be a Von Miller-type disruptor in their prime years? Would you prefer that he has a mediocre year, and we sign him to top-5 money? Or worse, we let him walk, and someone else gets a top-5 caliber end and we get a measly comp pick while he wrecks QBs for the next five years?

What? Lol this makes zero sense.

Yan is asking for a lot of money right now. And he has earned it.

If he has a monster season, his price tag will go up. That’s just a fact. There’s a reason why the Eagles gave Wentz a contract now. It’s because the longer you wait, the higher the price becomes because that’s just how the market works.
(08-22-2019, 08:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2019, 08:17 AM)We  Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Would you pay top dollar for someone who proves to be a Von Miller-type disruptor in their prime years? Would you prefer that he has a mediocre year, and we sign him to top-5 money? Or worse, we let him walk, and someone else gets a top-5 caliber end and we get a measly comp pick while he wrecks QBs for the next five years?

What? Lol this makes zero sense.

Yan is asking for a lot of money right now. And he has earned it.

If he has a monster season, his price tag will go up. That’s just a fact. There’s a reason why the Eagles gave Wentz a contract now. It’s because the longer you wait, the higher the price becomes because that’s just how the market works.

Agreed. Should get this deal done and over with now before the asking price increases. He's at the perfect age to lock him down for the next five years. By the time his next deal expires he'll be in his late 20's. And by then it'll be easier to gauge his value if he's incurred any dings and dents that lowers his production, etc. 

Would rather not see them gamble on him. If he gets 16.0+ sacks before a deal is done this year he's probably going to want the biggest contract at his position. Or at least in par with the highest billed player at his position. I don't understand why this front office is [BLEEP] around here on these players that have proven value already. 

You'll extend guys like Bortles, where in a season he was asked to manage the game around an elite defense and above average running game. Cut ties with him one year later and eat his one year salary cap hit to play for another team. Then proceed to draw out extensions like this? Doesn't make much sense.
We offered him a contract, he turned it down. If we need to pay more, he has to wait till next off-season when we have more cap room.

We don't have alot of cap shave

(08-22-2019, 11:50 AM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]We offered him a contract, he turned it down. If we need to pay more, he has to wait till next off-season when we have more cap room.

We don't have alot of cap space
(08-22-2019, 11:50 AM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]We offered him a contract, he turned it down. If we need to pay more, he has to wait till next off-season when we have more cap room.

We don't have alot of cap space.
Its fun seeing Booger picking Yan.

It’s not fun seeing booger picking Peyton

[Image: peyton.jpeg]
May want to cross out Ngakoue and put Allen.
(08-23-2019, 05:44 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]May want to cross out Ngakoue and put Allen.
 Can’t.... tell... if serious... orrrr

Because we sure don’t want two elite pass rushers! Stupid Broncos getting Chubb when they have Von.
(08-22-2019, 07:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2019, 07:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly.  If he decides to bet on himself, we should hope he wins that bet.

If he decides to bet on himself (translation: he doesn't want to take what we're offering), then we should hope he wins that bet (translation: we should hope he has a monster season).  

If this, then that.   It's pretty simple.  

What's the alternative?  Should we hope he has a lousy season?