Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Jaguars @ Dolphins Preseason Game Night Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Hi, Jaguars fans, for NFL Preseason Prime Time Game Night! Smile  Our Jacksonville Jaguars are  down south the Florida Atlantic Coast as they play the Miami Dolphins as both teams are showcased  in their nationally televised game tonight on The NFL On FOX Sports.

Both teams are coming from Week 2 preseason losses. Eagles defeated our Jaguars 24-10 at TIAA Bank Field, while the Dolphins lost their road game at the the Buccaneers 16-14 in Tampa.

Tonight will be the Jacksonville's first preseason game in Miami in 10 years, and will also seek to win their first preseason road game for the first time in Miami Gardens in 13 years. Jaguars last defeated the Dolphins in Miami 31-26 in both teams preseason game back on August 12, 2006. Jaguars also last defeated the Dolphins in a home game 27-17 back on August 13, 2005.

Jacksonville and Miami are meeting in their first preseason game in six years. Jaguars are also trying to end their five-game preseason losing streak to the Dolphins. Dolphins defeated our Jaguars 27-3 in both teams last preseason meeting, and season opener 27-3 at then-named EverBank Field back on August 9, 2013.

Most of the veterans and first-string players traditionally are both in the playing field, and in the most playing time during the third preseason game, it possible veterans as as RB Leonard Fournette and LB Calais Campbell , along with free agent signing and Super Bowl Champion and MVP Nick Foles may play considerable playing time, before the veterans leave the field before the end of the first half of tonight's preseason game at the Dolphins.

Dolphins are lead by first-year Head Coach Brian Flores, who as the Patriots Linebackers Coach in 2018. Ryan Tannehill and Josh Rosen, acquired from the Arizona Cardinals, are still competing for the starting QB for the regular season.

Miami leads Jacksonville though in the all-time preseason series 6-4 in tonight's 11th all-time preseason meeting. Dolphins unfortunately routed our Jaguars by the score of 27-3 in both teams preseason opener at then-named EverBank Field back on August 9, 2013. Dolphins also defeated the Jaguars in their Dolphins last preseason game visit to Jacksonville, FL, winning 12-9, back on August 17, 2009.

Jacksonville though leads Miami 5-4 in the all-time regular season series 5 game to 4, with the Jaguars defeating the Dolphins 17-7 in both teams last meeting at Hard Rock Stadium Miami back on December 23, 2018, and breaking the 4-4 series tie.

Jaguars Countdown To Kickoff Pregame show on WFOX Channel 30, precedes tonight's game coverage right after Action News Jax beginning at 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman then announce the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Erin Andrews, simulcast nationally around the USA on The NFL On FOX Sports, including locally on WFOX Channel 30 in Jacksonville, live on HD.

Sunny and clear skies at 84 degrees, feels like 91 degrees, is the local gamecast inside Hard Rock Stadium, for the 8:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 5% precipitation, 72% humidity, and  east/southeast winds at 10 miles per hour.

Great luck to both the Jaguars and Dolphins players, especially the rookies and signed veteran free agents continue to audition to make the final 53 man regular season roster from the current 90-man training camp roster.

NO injuries, and LET'S GO JAGUARS!!!!!    Wink  Smile   Cool  Big Grin

https://jaguars.com/game-day/2019/pre/ja.../box-score

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201908225...s@dolphins

https://actionnewsjax.com/sports/jaguars/
This was awfully late notification.

I'm disappointed.
No injuries, that's all I want.

Especially to Foles or any Oline that plays today.
Let's go get the PdL Bowl boys!
Good Luck and GO JAGS!
Can't wait to see Foles.
Oehser's list of players who definitely will not play:

...ruled out for Thursday: wide receiver Marqise Lee (knee), running back Alfred Blue (ankle), linebacker Jake Ryan (knee), linebacker Quincy Williams (knee), linebacker Davis Tull (leg), tight end Charles Jones, tight end Geoff Swaim, tight end Josh Oliver (hamstring) and defensive tackle Marcell Dareus (elbow).
(08-22-2019, 10:47 AM)BritishJag Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait to see Foles.

Same
Jags 42, fish 10.
Me -12
Box of beer-0

I don’t know why but I’m excited. Still preseason but will be nice to see the 1’s. Mainly looking forward to seeing Foles and how dominant the Def is.
I'll be on an airplane. I'll watch it later.
That was an unnecessarily tough read, grammatically.
(08-22-2019, 01:28 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be on an airplane.  I'll watch it later.

I’ll mark you down as
Rico-1
Gravity-0
(08-22-2019, 08:31 AM)AmeliaFL Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Jaguars fans, for  NFL Preseason Prime Time  Game Night!   Smile  Our Jacksonville Jaguars are 325 miles down south the Florida Atlantic Coast as they play the Miami Dolphins as both teams are showcased  in their nationally televised game tonight on The NFL On FOX Sports.

Jaguars are wearing the black helmets, Nike teal jerseys, and white pants, while the host Dolphins are wearing their white helmets, Nike white jerseys and pants.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1164289847739277315?s=20
Ready to see most of the starters knock off some rust. Hope we get a feel for our identity and most of all NO injuries.
Hmmmm I wonder if we will see Taylor and Robinson out there. Haven’t seen anything on them not playing yet.
Will Richardson starting at RG and Taylor starting at RT

About time we finally have a RG better than Cann

Robinson-Norwell-Linder-Richardson-Taylor staring 5

Thats the oline i have wanted to see
(08-22-2019, 06:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Will Richardson starting at RG and Taylor starting at RT

About time we finally have a RG better than Cann

Robinson-Norwell-Linder-Richardson-Taylor staring 5

Thats the oline i have wanted to see

Nice.  Let’s see what Foles and the Rb’s can do behind it.   I’m hoping for a dominant performance from the 1’s.   I mean, it is the Dolphins
If someone could PM me with a link to a stream I’d be incredibly grateful!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18