Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: our poor defense.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I said from the start doug was a terrbille head coach. one good year just like in bufflo,and team went down hill. same thing has happend with jags. one good year,and its been all down hill. as long as doug is 

the head coach jags will contintue on with loseing seasons. our defense will get worn out still have no offensse.  7 points by your offensive starters isn't enough to be a winning team. 

this jags team is a 4-12 team if we are lucky enough to win that many games. I'm still going to to to sports bar with my dad watch games,and cheer team on,but im not expectign many wins. as long as doug is head coach jags will be a loseing team.
[Image: 8d0af750e7f23959bbc9ee4474ba7f00.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(08-22-2019, 10:18 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]I said from the start doug was a terrbille head coach. one good year just like in bufflo,and team went down hill. same thing has happend with jags. one good year,and its been all down hill. as long as doug is 

the head coach jags will contintue on with loseing seasons. our defense will get worn out still have no offensse.  7 points by your offensive starters isn't enough to be a winning team. 

this jags team is a 4-12 team if we are lucky enough to win that many games. I'm still going to to to sports bar with my dad watch games,and cheer team on,but im not expectign many wins. as long as doug is head coach jags will be a loseing team.

Um ok
Snow, you are so negative. The offense is vanilla just like every preseason. If your baseing the regular season off this your delusional.
LOL

This is not a good take wolfman.

It's preseason. Try again in week 3 or 4 of the season when you actually see this offense use more than 25% of their playbook to move the ball.
Alright bubba I’ll make you a bet; if the Jags finish better than 4-12 like you predict, you’ll take a self imposed ban for the entire season next year. If they finish 4-12 or worse, I’ll do the same. Bet? I’m tired of your same recycled garbage year after year, and a season free of it would put a smile on my face for months.
the same thing is said every preseson the offensse is vanillia,yet when its reglaur season the offense stays vanilla,and very predictable. its not a matter of being negtiave,its a matter of telling the truth. doug is another lousey head coach. another loser HC hired by jags.
Take the bet snowie!!
(08-22-2019, 10:26 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]Alright bubba I’ll make you a bet; if the Jags finish better than 4-12 like you predict, you’ll take a self imposed ban for the entire season next year. If they finish 4-12 or worse, I’ll do the same. Bet? I’m tired of your same recycled garbage year after year, and a season free of it would put a smile on my face for months.

no bet. what makes you so postive though jags are loseing to a bunch of guppies.  anyways i have learned over the years too high expectations sets you up for disapapoinntient, low ones make the season eaiser if you expect the team to stink. well make that gettign killed by a bunch of guppies.
One great season for the Jags is one more than anyone since Tom Coughlin has ever done. This franchise isn't really known for its winning ways. We have some issues but this is a new group. We need to stay healthy otherwise I could see 4-12 being a possibility. I'm not going to say you're wrong because deep down I know about this team and how aside from 2017 its been snake bit.
(08-22-2019, 10:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

It's preseason.  Try again in week 3 or 4 of the season when you actually see this offense use more than 25% of their playbook to move the ball.

Think we hear this every single year when we try our hardest to convince ourselves that this offense isn't going to stink. 

He may have poor grammar, but he is right about the bologna sandwich eating, below average, putrid HC stinking it up on the sidelines.
(08-22-2019, 10:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2019, 10:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

It's preseason.  Try again in week 3 or 4 of the season when you actually see this offense use more than 25% of their playbook to move the ball.

Think we hear this every single year when we try our hardest to convince ourselves that this offense isn't going to stink. 

He may have poor grammar, but he is right about the bologna sandwich eating, below average, putrid HC stinking it up on the sidelines.

How much of the playbook do you think the Jags displayed tonight?
Overreaction to that performance is reserved for fools.
(08-22-2019, 10:32 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2019, 10:26 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]Alright bubba I’ll make you a bet; if the Jags finish better than 4-12 like you predict, you’ll take a self imposed ban for the entire season next year. If they finish 4-12 or worse, I’ll do the same. Bet? I’m tired of your same recycled garbage year after year, and a season free of it would put a smile on my face for months.

no bet. what makes you so postive though jags are loseing to a bunch of guppies.  anyways i have learned over the years too high expectations sets you up for disapapoinntient, low ones make the season eaiser if you expect the team to stink. well make that gettign killed by a bunch of guppies.

No surprise that you wouldn’t want to back that prediction up with a bet. Shows a lack of balls which I suspected. The fact that you come on this board with your [BLEEP] after a half of PRESEASON football with your whining about how this is a 4-12 season shows that A. you’re not a Jags fan or B. you know nothing about football or C. both. The fact that you thought you had to start a thread about this is asinine.
[Image: 228cd9ef3cf491da70f027e89356e6be.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
to me tonight looks like the same jags as in the past. same vanillia offensse 3rd pre-season,and then when regluar season came last year it was still a vanilla offensse. I just don't see anything to be postive about right now with the team. don't worry though,my postive will return  by week 1 game. I still know something no one here knows yet. heres a hint. we all know the real reason jags were so good in 2017.  I really wanted us to beat the guppies tonight,i can't stand them.  they are my seconed most disliked team in nfl.we all know who 1 is.
This dolphins team sucks, probably only have 2 wins the whole season. And we only score 7 points in a preseason game. 4 wins for the Jags might be correct.
(08-22-2019, 10:46 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]to me tonight looks like the same jags as in the past. same vanillia offensse 3rd pre-season,and then when regluar season came last year it was still a vanilla offensse. I just don't see anything to be postive about right now with the team. don't orry though,my postive will return  by week 1 game. I still know something no one here knows yet. heres a hint. we all know the real reason jags were so good in 2017.

But Bortles is in LA now.
(08-22-2019, 10:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2019, 10:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Think we hear this every single year when we try our hardest to convince ourselves that this offense isn't going to stink. 

How much of the playbook do you think the Jags displayed tonight?

Probably not much, but do you think the Dolphins defensive coordinator was throwing his playbook at us? I'm not really a negative person, but this offense stinks until proven otherwise. We have 17 points in three games. Yeah I know, it's preseason. But they should be a bit more functional than this. Here's to hoping they leave me scratching my head come week one.
(08-22-2019, 11:26 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2019, 10:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]How much of the playbook do you think the Jags displayed tonight?

Probably not much, but do you think the Dolphins defensive coordinator was throwing his playbook at us? I'm not really a negative person, but this offense stinks until proven otherwise. We have 17 points in three games. Yeah I know, it's preseason. But they should be a bit more functional than this. Here's to hoping they leave me scratching my head come week one.

It's basically been a Bortles (yup because most people blame him for everything, so why stop now) lead Offense, but with more movement presnap and a slightly quicker release. Foles tried to get Westbrook killed, just like Bortles liked to do with Hurns. It was almost identical, besides Foles release being a little quicker. Still bad for the most part on Offense.

Foles INT was a classic Bortles throw, yet nobody is ripping him for it, like they'd be ripping Bortles. It was a awful throw/INT.

Yea Foles had a decent throw to a basically wide open Westbrook in the endzone for a TD. I could have made that throw and surely Bortles could have as well.

Other than that, it was a bunch of dump off passes, which any QB could do. Yea maybe it's just the preseason, but all we heard about all camp was how great Foles' deep ball is and they didn't even try it once.

The Dolphins are projected to be a terrible team this year and their backups destroyed ours. As well as the previous two teams we faced. We need to pray for another unreal healthy season with little injuries.

I believe our 1's on Defense will be just fine, but this starting Offense doesn't instill much confidence, even when/if healthy. Doesn't look like much changed, even with a new QB/OC.
We will have the chance to win a lot of games with this defense if the offense can stay healthy and manage the game without turning the ball over or getting injured. It seems like every preseason our back-ups get destroyed. They must not get a ton of reps during the week as they have a lot of alignment and assignment issues. Bottom line is most of them are out there playing patty cake on defense and the OL is atrocious. Minshew looks to be a capable back-up though compared to the likes of *gulp* Chad Henne.
Pages: 1 2 3