Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Preseason - 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure what I expected in preseason this year.  But what I've seen to date is not overly impressive.
It's not supposed to be impressive. It's primary function is roster evaluation.

You've seen the starting QB throw exactly 10 passes. (can't expect to be very impressed there)
You've seen the starting O-Line as a complete unit play about 24 snaps. (can't expect to be very impressed there)
The starting defense when it has played has looked quite good. (probably should be impressed there)
Special teams has been a constant churn of different players as DeCamillis looks to find his core unit.
(can't expect to be impressed there)
Outside of 2/3 plays you've essentially seen a day 1 install type offensive system and you've mostly been watching backups and guys who will never start a game operate it.

Yes other teams have been impressive in preseason but week 1 none of that matters in the slightest.
The 2008 Lions were extremely impressive in the preseason to a tune of a 4-0 record. Then proceeded to go 0-16.

It’s preseason. It means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
(08-23-2019, 02:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]The 2008 Lions were extremely impressive in the preseason to a tune of a 4-0 record. Then proceeded to go 0-16.

But how can we go 20 and Oh if we don't win the 4 preseason games???
Minshew played better yesterday....
(08-23-2019, 02:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]The 2008 Lions were extremely impressive in the preseason to a tune of a 4-0 record. Then proceeded to go 0-16.

In 1982 the Redskins went 0-4 in the preseason and won the Super Bowl.
I've already been fooled once by a troll on here, I'm not letting it happen again. Not falling for it this time...so you're right!
In 2017, we had the worst preseason imaginable
This is an audition for players at key positions, that's all. I saw a lot of positives last night. The starting defense was dominant. The starting OL has two upgrades - Richardson and Taylor. And I for one like Minshew. His play dropped off when the team brought in third-string receivers.