Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fowler on the win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jaguars DE Dante Fowler said the win over the Colts meant so much more than most people realize: "Being able to get the win for Gus. It's not even for us [the players]. It's for him, our franchise, and Jacksonville."

I think its safe to say Gus still hasnt lost the team just yet, or not all of them anyway.   They pretty much played for his job today and were able to pull off the win.   They will be playing for his job every week, cant wait for the Bears and see how they respond coming off a win

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-05...74951475-4

The young guys on defense have been unbelievable thus far. We just need to put it all together in a more consistent basis
Gus and staff did everything they could to lose the game and they still won in spite of them. Even talent will prevail over horrendous coaching every now and then.
Quote:The young guys on defense have been unbelievable thus far. We just need to put it all together in a more consistent basis
Defense should be great next season. There will be going pains this season.
Quote:Defense should be great next season. There will be going pains this season.
Hasn't there already been some growing pains?
Quote:Hasn't there already been some growing pains?

The Ramsey play was one of them, but I like the way the d has played in 3 of the 4 games thus far.
This team will always play hard for coach Bradley and I don't see him ever losing the confidence/respect of the players...

NH3...
Quote:Gus and staff did everything they could to lose the game and they still won in spite of them. Even talent will prevail over horrendous coaching every now and then.
This.

ALSO: the X factor ... Pagano is just as bad as Gus...
Quote:Defense should be great next season. There will be going pains this season.

Our D should be great this season. Top Five baring health. The gelling process is about complete...

NH3...
Impossible. Emotions aren't allowed in football. It is strictly a business and about money! Players don't care about the HC. (sarcasm) Right Cleatwood?
Quote:Impossible. Emotions aren't allowed in football. It is strictly a business and about money! Players don't care about the HC. (sarcasm) Right Cleatwood?
A lot of good that did them in the first 3 games right?

Look I'm stoked for this win and hopefully they continue but it doesn't mean he's a good coach or that they won because they "played" for Gus. They like him and apparently a ton of people do. That doesn't mean anything. Belicheck shows no emotions ever and they consistently win.
Well keep playing for him and win the super bowl.

Quote:Our D should be great this season. Top Five baring health. The gelling process is about complete...

NH3...

I think the talent is there, but there's a lot of youth. Next year, this defense is going to be top 5, no doubt in my mind. I think if they keep improving like they have, they could finish top 10. This will be a very special group. Love the core that's been built : Fowler, Day, Ngakoue, Ramsey, Jack, Telvin, Gipson... could even throw Josh Johnson in there, along with Jackson. Love it.
Yea improvement that's all we can ask for. 

Quote:Yea improvement that's all we can ask for.
Wins. Wins are all we can ask for.
Quote:Gus and staff did everything they could to lose the game and they still won in spite of them. Even talent will prevail over horrendous coaching every now and then.

They did not. Do you just like being a whiner?
In the post game speech, did they end it by saying "stay" or did I misshear it?
I don't care if he plays hard for whoever, just win. 

I like the tandem of Fowler and Ngakoue off the edge. I don't recall Fowler standing up on the edge like he did today or the different pressures with stunts and twists. Yannick is looking like a steal already. Too many mental miscues and discipline problems especially in the secondary for me to get too excited. It will help getting Colvin back. I am tired of the House and Cyprien duo of missed tackles and bad pass interference penalties.
Quote:I don't care if he plays hard for whoever, just win. 

We can't win if he does not play hard.
Pages: 1 2