Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags total defense ranking currently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 4 games, they are 7th in total defense.Nice change do far from last year.
And that's after the disaster in SD. Could've been even better.

The D looks good. Hopefully they will continue to gel.
I just don't understand how we can hold them yardage wise but can't keep them out of the end zone.
Yards though. How about scoring D? That's what matters, right?
Quote:I just don't understand how we can hold them yardage wise but can't keep them out of the end zone.
PI doesn't count as yardage.

Short fields also make the def #'s look better than they actually are.

Teams have a difficult time going the length of the field vs us. The Colts TD drives were either aided by PI calls or a busted coverage...
Quote:I just don't understand how we can hold them yardage wise but can't keep them out of the end zone.

Penalties man penalties, they are killing the Jags during the game.

Today it was 11 penalties for 145 yards.

That's nearly 1 1/2 football fields worth of penalties in one game.

Most of the time penalties and TOs are the difference between winning and losing a football game, esp a close 1 score game.

The clots had 7 for 78 yards, but it was their 1 TO that turned out to be the difference in the game today.

We're really good at gifting TDs from the 30 yard line.

We've allowed at least 75 penalty yards per game, so that hurts quite a bit.
I understand that.

Makes you wonder what this defense would be if we could be more disciplined and not get the short end of the stick with calls
Our D is looking good early and often. W/Miles Jack hopefully remaining a starter and the return of Colvin, this D should be top five at the end of the season baring health...

NH3...
Their pass defense ranking is 6th.If they can get Prince and Jalen as consistent starters, with Colvin in the slot,goodness.
Quote:Yards though. How about scoring D? That's what matters, right?
LOL 26th. 28 PPG ALLOWED is not good

During Gus era......

2013- 28th in NFL- 28.1 PPG

2014- 26th in NFL- 25.8 PPG

2015- 31st in NFL- 28.0 PPG

2016- 26th in NFL- 28.0 PPG

Lol I don't see ANY improvement besides the pass rush and Ramsey. I guess that's a little improvement

FYI- playoff teams at WORST allow 22 PPG.
Quote:And that's after the disaster in SD. Could've been even better.

It also could have been better if we had good officials in the Green Bay game.