Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars Vs. Falcons Preseason Game Night Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Greetings for the final NFL Preseason Game Night of 2019, Jaguars fans!   Wink   A battle of winless teams as the 0-4 Atlanta Falcons come to Northeast Florida, to play our 0-3 Jacksonville Jaguars in both teams 2019 NFL preseason finale.

Besides either team finally earning their preseason win this year,  players from both the Jaguars and Falcons are expected to receive  much playing time  and evaluation from their coaching and scouting staffs from the sidelines tonight, as these players will both clear themselves out of the 'bubble,' and demonstrate enough talent and game play on the field, so they can earn and place themselves on the final  depth chart in their teams final 53-man regular season roster, from the current 90-man training camp roster.

Jacksonville is on a two game preseason winning streak, beating the Falcons in the first game and visit at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in Atlanta, 13-7 back on August 31, 2017, and defeated Atlanta again in both teams last preseason meeting 17-6, and played at TIAA Bank Field back on August 25, 2018.

Jacksonville and Atlanta will also meet during the regular season later in December during Week 16 at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.  Both teams are tied at 3-3, the Falcons winning the last game 23-17 at then-named EverBank Field back on December 20, 2015.

Sunny and clear skies at 84 degrees, feels like 91 degrees, is local gamecast inside TIAA Bank Field in Downtown Jacksonville, for the 7:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 66% humidity, and east/northeast winds at 12 miles per hour.

NO injuries, great luck on all the reserve and free agents making the final 53, and perhaps their teams practice squads.  LET'S GO JAGUARS!!!!!  Wink Smile  DUVALLLLLL!!!!!!! Cool  Big Grin

https://www.jaguars.com/team/players-roster/

https://jaguars.com/game-day/2019/pre/fa...t-jaguars/

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019082960/20...ns@jaguars
I hope all those young players we want to keep but don't have room for end up with season ending hangnails tonight.
Finally winding the preseason down ...and things get real for the chiefs
I think they have a good idea of the roster already, not sure how many spots are still up for grabs.

Expecting guys playing for maybe 1 or 2 roster spots and then practice squad. 

May be the last game for some of them. Go make a play.

Theres no difference between 1-3 and 0-4 in preseason. Just get through tonight healthy, get through cuts and then it's the Chiefs and for real.

Cant wait
How much time does McGough get if they're trying to give Minshew as many game reps as possible?
is Josh Allen playing tonight or any starter? Quincy Williams?
40 players won't play tonight, all of the starters (defense and offense) and some rotation guys held out. (on defense Bryan and Datone Jones are playing)

Among guys who are on the bubble it's important to see that Keelan Cole is being held out, Tre Herndon is sitting out (not surprising as Marrone praised him multiple times) along with the starting cornerbacks, Ben Koyack isn't playing among the TEs.
That might mean they'll be on the 53.
This isn't really a "game" it's an audition.  Pretty much everyone playing tonight will be jobless Saturday morning with perhaps a few ending up on the practice squad on Monday.  I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet that the final 53 have already been decided on and we won't see any of them tonight.
I think they are playing Taven to try and get some confidence growing in the kid. If he has a BAD game tonight... oh boy... this board is going to be on fire.
Bryan looks so useless. Just stonewalled on 3rd and long

Armstead good 3rd and long yac.
Welp, there's one cut. Gotta catch the ball
#19 sucks. Just make the trade for Laquon Treadwell
Taven Bryan will be off the roster next year
I'd given Taven a chance till his contract runs out. He's still learning but athletic
All that room and a 3 yard return.
Battle of the bums is in full effect.
(08-29-2019, 07:16 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]#19 sucks. Just make the trade for Laquon Treadwell

for a 6th round pick i'd probably pull the trigger, higher than that im not sure.
Armstead just ignoring big holes on the right side.
Laquon would have snatched that pass. 19 has hands and fingers of stone.
He tugged and pulled
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8